Faculty AQ/PQ Qualifications
Minimum Requirements for Academically Qualified Faculty
Two scholarly publications1 in the past five years, defined as peer-reviewed journal articles, scholarly books, monographs, and book chapters which are editorially or peer reviewed.
One refereed journal article or their equivalent and two refereed high-quality2 conference publications in the past five years.
Minimum Requirements for Professionally Qualified Faculty
Sustained involvement in significant documented professional activities during the past five years in an area directly related to the field in which the faculty member teaches. Significant activities include:
- Participating in business (e.g., owning, managing, operating, or consulting with an organization, serving on boards of directors);
- Engaging in public service activities (e.g., serving on a public commission, giving speeches to business groups, making presentations at professional conferences);
- Taking part in relevant AACSB events (e.g., the AACSB PQ Bridge program); and
- Publishing in the popular or educational press (e.g., non-refereed applied journals, newspaper editorials, textbooks used beyond UD3).
Other relevant activities as agreed upon by the faculty member and his or her department chair.
To view the faculty qualification data, click on the appropriate link below:
Faculty Sufficiency Tables:
Each department document contains four pages:
- AACSB Table 2-1: Five-Year Summary of Intellectual Contributions
- AACSB Table 10-1: Summary of Faculty Qualifications
- AACSB Table 10-2: Fall 2009 Semester Calculations Relative to Deployment of Qualified Faculty
- AACSB Table 10-2: Spring 2010 Semester Calculations Relative to Deployment of Qualified Faculty
Total (All Lerner College departments combined)