1. Be sure you know WHAT classes to register for. Attend information sessions or see your advisor to stay “on track” for degree progress. The following is a link to all of the Lerner College’s majors’ and minors’ checksheets: http://www.lerner.udel.edu/programs/undergraduate/advising/program-requi...
2. Check UDSIS for your registration appointment time. This is the time your registration functions become active for the upcoming term’s registration on UDSIS—it is not an appointment time with an advisor.
3. Prior to registration, check out www.udel.edu/courses to search for courses or view the entire registration book—it is a link on the registrar’s home page: www.udel.edu/registrar to begin building your “dream” schedule.
4. Be prepared to be flexible! Choose alternate courses and/or alternate sections for your classes when possible. Popular classes/teachers fill up quickly!
5. Register yourself via UDSIS. Check your schedule twice to be sure you indeed registered yourself for classes—I have a healthy distrust of technology! There is a link to a WebReg tutorial video on the registrar’s home page if you would like to see a “how to” demonstration prior to your appointment: www.udel.edu/registrar
6. If a math class is full, see the department’s registration FAQ:http://www.mathsci.udel.edu/courses-and-placement/math-course-registration/Pages/frequently-asked-questions.aspx and use their web form to request additional information or to report a problem not resolved with their FAQ.
7. If you have trouble registering for any foreign language courses, please contact Crista Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your UD Student ID number and your top 3 preferred sections of the class you are trying to register for.
8. If other departments' classes are full, please contact the department directly for information about getting into the class. They may instruct you to submit a course permit form through your UDSIS account. To get a department's phone number, please use the "People" function at the top of the UD Home page. From there, there is an alphabetical dropdown menu so you can easily search for the department you are looking for. Academic Advisors are unable to override enrollment limits or departmental restrictions placed on courses. Academic Advisors are unable to override enrollment limits or departmental restrictions placed on courses.
If you need more help, ask for it!! You can contact the Advisement Office at (302)831-4369 or stop in 102 Purnell Hall during regular business hours, Monday-Friday, 8-5 for assistance!