Corporate Associates may start work at the outset of any term. The associate works an average of 20 hours per week while attending school in the fall and spring terms. The timeline of the semesters is as follows:
|SEMESTER||START DATE||END DATE|
|FALL||SEPTEMBER 1||JANUARY 15|
|SPRING||JANUARY 16||MAY 31|
|SUMMER||JUNE 1||AUGUST 31|
Established in 1997, the Corporate Associates program is an elite internship program that gives top Lerner College graduate students an opportunity to gain valuable on-the-job experience. The student receives a 50% tuition scholarship and a generous stipend. While completing their degree work, participating students are able to apply their management skills to an industry setting. This experience has given our Corporate Associates a step ahead in the job placement process, enabling them to obtain management positions at leading corporations upon graduation.*
- A students’ eligibility is contingent upon
- Maintaining a 3.00 or better GPA
- Maintaining a full-time status in the Graduate Program
- Receiving satisfactory performance evaluations each term
Application & Selection Information
- Corporate Associates positions are posted on the Blue Hen Careers website, http://www.udel.edu/CSC/bluehencareers.html
- Once logged in, please go to the tab ‘Search Employers’ and type “ University of Delaware Corporate Associates Program ” in the Keywords section. Once you see the company listed, please click on it.
- Go to the tab “Available Positions’ and this will give you the list of all the CA positions available at that point of time. Please click on the desired position and complete the form to apply.
- Resumes of the most qualified candidates are then forwarded to the employer for consideration
- Employers are responsible for interviewing and selecting the Corporate Associate(s) of their choice
- International students can apply for Corporate Associate openings once they become eligible to apply for their CPT. For further information on CPT eligibility, please contact the Office of International Students and Scholars at http://www.udel.edu/oiss/.
Examples of Corporate Associate Assignments
- Business Information & Forecasting
- Corporate Training & Learning
- Financial Services Support
- Marketing Planning & Development
- Marketing & Sales Campaigns
- Media & Public Relations Campaigns