Tuesday, October 22, 2013
The John L. Weinberg Distinguished Speaker Series:
William Lauder, Executive Chairman, The Estee Lauder Companies Inc.
William Lauder, the Executive Chairman of The Estee Lauder Companies Inc., a global leader in prestige beauty, join us as one of the John L. Weinberg Distinguished speakers. Mr. Lauder will join in a conversation with Charles Elson, the Director of the John L. Weinberg Center for Corporate Governance, about The Estee Lauder Companies Inc. and corporate governance in a controlled company.
Panel on “The Role of the Outside Director in the Controlled Corporation”
The panel, which will be from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm, will focus on how directors of controlled corporations can most effectively carry out their fiduciary duties and the governance of a controlled corporation. The following individuals will be participating on the panel:
- Stephen L. Brown, Senior Director, Corporate Governance, TIAA-CREF
- William C. Crowley, Co-Founder and CEO, Àshe Capital Partners, LLC; former Director, AutoNation, AutoZone and Sears Holding
- Viet D. Dinh, Professor, Georgetown University Law Center, and founding Partner, Bancroft PLLC; Director of News Corporation and Revlon, Inc.
- Jay W. Eisenhofer, Managing Director, Grant & Eisenhofer, P.A.
- Ronald J. Gilson, Charles J. Meyers Professor of Law and Business, Stanford Law School, and Marc and Eva Stern Professor of Law and Business, Columbia University, School of Law
- Robert J. Giuffra, Jr., Partner, Sullivan & Cromwell
- The Honorable J. Travis Laster, Vice Chancellor, Delaware Court of Chancery
- William P. Lauder, Executive Chairman, The Estee Lauder Companies Inc.
- Jerry W. Levin, Chairman and CEO, JW Levin Partners LLC, and Chairman and CEO, Wilton Brands, Inc.; former CEO of Revlon, Inc. , The Coleman Company , and American Household, Inc. (formerly Sunbeam)
- Thomas H. Pike, CEO, Quintiles
- Paul (Tim) Thompson, III, Senior Managing Director, GLC Advisors & Co.
Moderator: Professor Charles Elson, the Edgar S. Woolard, Jr., Chair in Corporate Governance, and Director of the John L. Weinberg Center for Corporate Governance
DE CLE credits will be provided. There is no charge for this program. A complimentary buffet lunch following the Program (beginning at 12:00 pm and ending at 1:30 pm) is included.
Wednesday, November 20, 2013 – Thursday, November 21, 2013
Delaware Law Issues Update Conference
The Society of Corporate Secretaries & Governance Professionals and The John L. Weinberg Center for Corporate Governance at the University of Delaware, in partnership with the State of Delaware, are pleased to announce a new conference which will focus on Delaware corporate law issues essential to corporate secretaries, in- house and outside counsel. The conference will be held at the University of Delaware in Newark, Delaware on Wednesday, November 20, 2013 through noon on Thursday, November 21.