Tuesday, May 5, 2015
9:30 am - 12:00 pm
Gore Recital Hall, University of Delaware
"The Auditor of the Future"
Program co-sponsored with the Center for Audit Quality and the Department of Accounting & MIS of Lerner College of Business & Economic at the University of Delaware.
A dynamic and global economy is reshaping markets and pushing industries, professions, and companies to reexamine how they operate. Public company auditors are no exception. New threats to cybersecurity and opportunities presented by the emergence of data analytics raise the question of whether auditors should be asked to provide assurance/opine to the audit committee and board on more than financials. How far will the auditor’s responsibility go and at what point do auditors need new skills to provide this assurance? To what extent will the audit committee and board be able to rely on assurances beyond the traditional area of auditors' expertise?
Confirmed panelists for this event include:
- Alan L. Beller, Senior Counsel, Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Jeanette M. Franzel, Board Member, Public Company Accounting Oversight Board
- Robert H. Herz, Member, Public Company Accounting Oversight Board - Standing Advisory Group; President, Robert H. Herz LLC; Executive-in-residence, Columbia Business School, Columbia University; Director and Chair of the Audit Committee, Morgan Stanley; Director and Member of the Audit Committee, Fannie Mae; and Director, Workiva, Inc.; Former Chairman, Financial Accounting Standards Board
- Kevin Lavin, Professional Practice Fellow, Center for Audit Quality
- Eileen Mallesch, Director and Chairperson of the Audit Committee, Bob Evans Farms, Inc.; Director and Chairperson of the Audit Committee, State Auto Financial Corporation; former Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Nationwide Insurance Property and Casualty segment
- Mary Pat McCarthy, Director and Chair of the Audit Committee, Mutual of Omaha Insurance Company; Director and Member of the Audit Committee, Tesoro Corporation; Former Vice Chair, KPMG LLP
- Harvey L. Pitt, CEO and Managing Director, Kalorama Partners, LLC, and Kalorama Legal Services, PLLC; Former Chairman, Securities and Exchange Commission
- Jon Raphael, Chief Innovation Officer, Deloitte & Touch LLP
- The Honorable Henry duPont Ridgely, Senior Counsel, DLA Piper LLP (US), and former Justice of the Delaware Supreme Court
- Ann Yerger, Executive Director, Council of Institutional Investors
Moderator: Charles M. Elson, Edgar S. Woolard, Jr., Chair in Corporate Governance, Director of the John L. Weinberg for Corporate Governance, and Professor of Finance, University of Delaware
Full event details, including registration information, will be sent later this month. If you have any questions or would like to receive additional information, please contact Erin Dwyer, Director of Stakeholder Engagement at the Center for Audit Quality (email@example.com) or Louisa Cresson, Assistant to the John L. Weinberg Center (firstname.lastname@example.org).