Advisees have the responsibility to:
- clarify personal interests, values, goals and abilities;
- acquire knowledge of University policies and procedures and curricular requirements for their chosen program(s) of study;
- keep scheduled appointments with their advisors;
- seek help from their advisors and ask questions if something is unclear;
- actively prepare for advising sessions and bring relevant information and materials to advising sessions;
- follow through on recommendations and referrals made during an advising session; and
- accept responsibility for their decisions.
Advisors have the responsibility to:
- assist advisees with the development of educational goals consistent with their interests and abilities;
- provide advisees with accurate information related to University policies and procedures and curricular requirements for the Lerner College’s majors and minors;
- keep regular office hours for advising sessions;
- assist advisees with course selection and monitoring their academic progress; and
- enhance advisees’ awareness of University resources and make referrals to other University offices when appropriate.