Faculty in the Economics department pride themselves on their expertise and interest in advising their students. We offer rigorous programs leading to Ph.D., M.A., M.S., and combined M.A./M.B.A. degrees. The department also offers a two-year summer M.A. degree in Economics and Entrepreneurship for Educators (MAEEE).
The curricula provide students with a balance between a core of microeconomics, macroeconomics, and applied econometrics and a wide variety of applied courses. These programs are designed to prepare individuals to apply economic analysis in professional careers in both the public and private sectors, including academia. Faculty provide guidance for the students and serve as resources for appropriate course selection and career development.
We invite you to visit our beautiful campus and to attend a class. To do so, or to discuss any questions you may have about our graduate programs, contact Professor Ken Lewis, Director of Graduate Studies, by e-mail or by phone at 302-831-1912. The University's alumni magazine recently published a profile of our graduate program which you can read by clicking here.
Graduate Placement: At both the Masters and the Ph.D. levels our students have been highly successful in obtaining career-related employment and employers have been very pleased with our students. By investing in an M.A. or M.S., students can add roughly 30 percent to their starting salaries and can add another 30 percent for a PhD. A sample of employers of our recent graduates includes: Accenture, AT&T, U.S. Department of Energy, Bank of New York, New York Federal Reserve Bank, Provident National Bank, WEFA, Economy..com, Baltimore Gas & Electric, CRX, Conrail, Bell Atlantic, and the Office of Management and Budget. The more detailed listings below represent recent jobs obtained by our graduates.
Please contact the Department's Graduate Placement Officer, Professor William Latham, with specific placement questions.
2008 Selected Placements
- Pennsylvania State University, Main Campus
- West Chester State University, PA
- East Carolina University
- Commodity Futures Trading Commission
- African Development Bank, Tunisia
- Academic Teaching or Research Positions
- Howard University
- Pennsylvania State University, Berks Campus
- Aquinas College, Nashville, TN
- Eastern Carolina University
- Appalachian State University
- Rivier College, Nashua, NH
- American University, Dubai
- Eastern Mediterranean University, Cyprus
- Celal Bayar University, Turkey
- St. Mary's University, Halifax, Canada
- Middle Tennessee State University
- U.S. Bureau of the Census
- U.S. Social Security Administration
- Bureau of Economic Analysis
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Economic Education Specialist, Philadelphia Federal Reserve Bank
- World Bank
- Entrix Environmental Consulting, Wilmington DE
- Global Insight, Eddystone, PA
- PriceWaterhouseCooper (NY and Washington offices)
- Ernst & Young (Washington, NY, and Atlanta offices)
- Research Triangle Institute
- Resolution Economics, LLC, Beverly Hill, CA
- Hickling, Lewis, Broad, Inc, Silver Spring, MD
- MITRE Corporation
- Morgan Stanley
- Federal Express
In addition to the Department's resources, all students at the University of Delaware, are eligible to use the centralized Career Services Center that maintains job listings, coordinates job fairs, student recruitment programs, and provides career planning and placement assistance. Click here to transfer to the University of Delaware Career Services Center.