The Finance major focuses on learning how to make the best decisions about raising and using resources under risk. Finance addresses many questions regarding value: How much is a product worth? Is a stock worth investing in? Will expanding a business produce a sufficient return on investment? Deciding what to do with the opportunities and resources you have or can obtain today, balanced with your business needs for tomorrow---that's what Finance is all about.
The undergraduate program in finance prepares students to assume leadership positions at all levels of financial management for careers in business, industry, government, and public or private corporations.
The Lerner College provides an extensive computer lab, located in our building, and features IBM-compatible computers equipped with the latest software packages. Lerner College buildings have WI-FI wireless internet connectivity, as do many other UD locations.
Need more specific information? Click the appropriate link below to find out more.
- Courses offered in the Finance Department, with sample syllabi. This also contains some special notes on particular classes to help you with registration decisions.
- Registrar's page showing Finance Classes and Seat Availability for each semester. Enter "FINC" in the "Course Number" box, choose the calendar term of interest to you, then click "Search".
- Is the finance major for you? An introductory discussion.
- Study Abroad Opportunity: The Finance Department offers several study abroad opportunities . Contact Professor Fields , Mr. Detwiler or Professor Laux for information.
- Dual Majors and Minors. Strong students majoring in Finance often pursue a second major (often Accounting) or a minor in international business, management information systems (MIS) or Economics.
- Business Organizations, The Blue Hen Investment Club and the Student Financial Management Association are of special interest to finance majors.
- The Advisor for Junior and Senior Finance majors is Mr. Detwiler.