Assistant Professor of Economics
419 Purnell Hall
Newark, DE 19716
- Ph.D. in Economics, Brown University. 2006
- A.M. in Economics, Brown University. 2004
- B.A. with Honors in Economics, Phi Beta Kappa, Wesleyan University. 1998
- Curriculum Vitae
- "Improving Early-Grade Literacy in East Africa: Experimental Evidence from Kenya and Uganda" with Patrick J. McEwan, Moses Ngware, and Moses Oketch, Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, forthcoming.
- “Effects of School Quality on Student Achievement: Discontinuity Evidence from Kenya” with Isaac M. Mbiti, American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, July 2014.
- “Adult Antiretroviral Therapy and Child Health: Evidence from Scale-up in Zambia” with Nicholas L. Wilson, American Economic Review: Papers and Proceedings, May 2013, 103(3): 456-461
- “The Impact of Malaria Eradication on Fertility,” Economic Development and Cultural Change, April 2013. 61(3): 607-631
- “Does Free Primary Education Narrow Gender Differences in Schooling Outcomes? Evidence from Kenya” with Isaac M. Mbiti, Journal of African Economies, November 2012, 21(5): 691-722.
- “Access, Sorting, and Achievement: the Short-Run Effects of Free Primary Education in Kenya” with Isaac M. Mbiti, American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, October 2012, 4(4): 226-253.
- “The Determinants and Consequences of School Choice Errors in Kenya,” with Isaac M. Mbiti, American Economic Review: Papers and Proceedings, May 2012, 102(3): 283-288.
- “Malaria Eradication and Educational Attainment: Evidence from Paraguay and Sri Lanka,” American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, April 2010, 2(2): 46-71.
- Economic Development
- Applied Econometrics