Assistant Professor of Marketing
207 Alfred Lerner Hall
Newark, DE 19716
Anu Sivaraman is an Assistant Professor of Marketing at the Alfred Lerner College of Business, University of Delaware. Dr. Sivaraman holds a Bachelor and a Masters degree in Statistics from Madras Christian College, India. She received her Ph.D. in Business Administration from University of Houston in 2004. Dr. Sivaraman’s research focuses on how counterfactual thinking can be used for understanding and instigating changes in consumption patterns. Her other areas of research include behavioral decision theory. Her research has appeared in the Journal of Consumer Research and Journal of Consumer Behavior. She has presented at various national level conferences including the Association of Consumer Research Conference and the Marketing Science Conference. At the Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics, she teaches undergraduate and graduate courses in Marketing and Statistics. Apart from these courses, she works with a team of faculty members and coordinates the curriculum for a course that outlines the basics of business for all incoming Lerner College freshmen. Dr. Sivaraman was the recipient of the Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics Outstanding Teacher Award for 2012-2013 and the UD Faculty Senate Commendation for Service in 2011.
- Ph.D. - University of Houston, Major: Marketing, Minors: Economics & Psychology, 2004
- MS - Madras Christian College, University of Madras, India, Major: Statistics, 1995
- BS - Madras Christian College, University of Madras, India, Major: Statistics, 1993
- Krishnamurthy, sarathy and Anuradha Sivaraman (2002), "The Impact of Counterfactual Thinking on Processing of Subsequently Encountered Stimuli,"Journal of Consumer Research, 28(4), 650-658.
- Krishnamurthy, Parthasarathy and Anuradha Sivaraman (2003), "Self-Other Differences in Counterfactual Thinking", inProceedings of the Society for Consumer Psychology: Winter Conference, Eds. Christine Page and Steven Posavac, 130-132.
- Krishnamurthy, Parthasarathy and Anuradha Sivaraman (2003), "Self-Other Discrepancies in Counterfactual Thinking," inAdvances in Consumer Research, Eds. Punam Anand Keller and Dennis W. Rook, (30), 214-215.
Awards & Honors
- 2012 - 2013: Recipient, Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics Outstanding Teacher Award
- 2011, 2012: Social Media Marketing Magazine’s Top 100 Marketing Professors on Twitter
- 2012: MBAprograms.org Top 50 Marketing Professors on Twitter
- 2011: Faculty Senate Commendation for Service
- 2009: Recipient, $26,821 (+$3800 for IT support) General Education Grant on behalf of Department of Business Administration (Marketing Area) to support the Development & Implementation of Department E-Portfolios for StudentLearning.
- 2008: Recipient, $6,000 General University Grant (GUR).
- 2007: Nominated for the Lerner College Student Advisory Board Student Choice Teaching Award, Alfred Lerner College of Business, University of Delaware.
- 2006: Winner, Exemplary Use of Technology in Teaching Contest, University of Delaware.
Anu currently teaches and coordinates all instructors for the Basics of Business course. She also teaches Introduction to Marketing and Marketing Research.