Associate Professor of Accounting
|Department:||Accounting & MIS|
219 Purnell Hall
Newark, DE 19716
Ph.D., Accounting, University of Maryland at College Park M.S., Accounting, University of Delaware B.S., Accounting, University of Delaware
- "The Impact of Arbitrage Costs on Intemporal Changes in the Earnings Response Coefficient" (with Uma Velury), 2008, Forthcoming in Advances in Quantitative Analysis of Accounting and Finance.
- "The Effect of Institutional Ownership on the Informativeness of Discretionary Accruals" (with Uma Velury), 2008,Corporate Ownership and Control 6(1), 286-291.
- "Does Auditor Tenure Influence the Reporting of Conservative Earnings?" (with Uma Velury), 2008, Journal of Accounting and Public Policy 27(2), 115-132.
- "The Effect of Institutional Ownership on the Reporting of Conservative Earnings", (with Uma Velury), 2007,Corporate Ownership and Control 4(4), 338-344.
- "Earnings Conservatism and Audit Quality: An Examination of the Late 1990s", (with Gregory Kane and Uma Velury), 2007, Journal of Forensic Accounting, Vol. VIII, 287-302.
- "Institutional Ownership and the Quality of Earnings", (with Uma Velury), 2006, Journal of Business Research59(9), 1043-1051.
- "A Contextual Analysis of Income and Asset-based Approaches to Private Equity Valuation", (with Gregory Kane), 2006, Accounting Horizons 20(1), 19-35.
- "Earnings Quality Decline and the Effect of Industry Specialist Auditors: An Analysis of the Late 1990s", (with Gregory Kane and Uma Velury), 2006, Journal of Accounting and Public Policy 25(1), 71-90.
- "The Benefits of Hybrid Valuation Models", 2006, CPA Journal (January), 48-50.
- "The Effect of Arbitrage Costs on the Value Relevance of Earnings", (with Uma Velury) 2005, Journal of Theoretical Accounting Research 1(1), 38-50.
- "The Impact of the Corporate Life Cycle on the Value Relevance of Disaggregated Earnings Components", (with Gregory Kane and Uma Velury), 2004, Review of Accounting and Finance 3(4), 5-20.
- "The Transitory Nature of Negative Earnings and the Implications for Earnings Prediction and Stock Valuation", 2003, Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting 21(4), 379-404.
- The Beginning of the Era of Professional Management, in Our Past, Our Future - 100 Years of CPAs in Maryland, 1901 - 2001, Stephen Loeb, editor (MACPA: 2002).
Awards & Honors
- Lester W. Chadwick Excellence in Teaching Award, May 2007
- PwC University for Faculty, July 2004
- Deloitte and Touché Trueblood Seminar for Professors, March 2003
- AAA New Faculty Consortium, February 2003
- AAA/Deloitte & Touche Doctoral Consortium Fellow, June 1999
- Federation of Schools of Accountancy Student Achievement Award, May 1998