Dustin J. Sleesman
Assistant Professor of Management
226 Lerner Hall
Newark, DE 19716
Dustin J. Sleesman is an Assistant Professor of Management at the Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics at the University of Delaware. He received a Ph.D. from Michigan State University and a B.S. and B.A. from The Ohio State University.
Professor Sleesman conducts research on behavior in organizations from two key perspectives. First, he studies behavioral decision-making – for example, understanding why people escalate their commitment to bad decisions and how fairness concerns influence decision-making. He also studies factors that enhance team effectiveness such as coordination among members and how the intuition of team leaders affects group performance. He was recently awarded a University of Delaware General University Research grant.
His research has been published in Academy of Management Journal and Journal of Applied Psychology, and has been featured in various media outlets such as Forbes, The Huffington Post, Philanthropy Journal, and La Tercera (Santiago, Chile).
Professor Sleesman enjoys teaching in the undergraduate and MBA programs, and he offers courses in organizational behavior, negotiation and conflict resolution, and leadership. He was recently nominated for the University of Delaware Excellence in Teaching Award.
- Ph.D. - Organizational Behavior & Human Resource Management, Michigan State University, 2012
- B.S. - Business Administration, The Ohio State University, 2007
- B.A. - Psychology, The Ohio State University, 2007
- Curriculum Vitae
- Sleesman, D. J., Conlon, D. E., McNamara, G., & Miles, J. E. (2012) Cleaning up the big muddy: A meta-analytic review of the determinants of escalation of commitment. Academy of Management Journal, 55: 541-562.
- Davison, R. B., Hollenbeck, J. R., Barnes, C. M., Sleesman, D. J., & Ilgen, D. R. (2012) Coordinated action in multiteam systems. Journal of Applied Psychology, 97: 808-824.
- BUAD 309: Organizational Behavior
- BUAD 309 Honors: Organizational Behavior
- BUAD 423: Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
- BUAD 870: Leadership and Organizational Behavior
- BUAD 879: Negotiation and Conflict Resolution