Professor of Economics
Director of Graduate Studies
410 Purnell Hall
Newark, DE 19716
- Ph.D., Economics, University of Minnesota, 1979
- M.A., Economics, University of Minnesota, 1975
- B.A., Economics, University of Chicago with General Honors, 1973
- Curriculum Vitae
- “Misclassification of the Dependent Variable in Binary Choice Models: Evidence from Five Latin American Countries,” Applied Economics, Vol. 43, 11: 1315-1327 (2011).
- "A Quantile Regression Analysis of Wages in Panama," Review of Development Economics, 12, 3: 498-514 (August 2008).
- "Private and Public Sector Wages in Bulgaria," Journal of Comparative Economics, 32,1: 56-72 (March 2004).
- "The Effect of Survey Attrition in Longitudinal Surveys: Evidence from Peru, Cote d'Ivoire, and Vietnam." Journal of Development Economics, Vol. 70, #1: 133-157, Feb. 2003.
Awards & Honors
- Korda Thesis Fellowship, University of Minnesota
- Grants: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U. S. Department of Labor; College of Social and Behavioral Sciences, The Ohio State University; Doctoral Dissertation Special Grant, University of Minnesota; University of Delaware Research Foundation; W. E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research; College of Business and Economics, University of Delaware
- Economic Development
- Applied Econometrics