- About Lerner
- Faculty & Staff
- News & Events
Professor of Business Administration
Office: 235 Lerner Hall
- Ph.D. - University of Pennsylvania, 1990
- M.S. - University of Pennsylvania, 1987
- B.S. - Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 1985
- Optimization, game theory, and applications.
- Supply chain and service operations management.
- Productivity analysis and performance evaluation.
- Board of Directors, APICS, The Association for Operations Management, 2012-2013
- Senior Editor, Production and Operations Management
- Advisory Board, American Journal of Operations Research
- Y. Xia, B. Chen, and P. Kouvelis, "Market-based supply chain coordination by matching suppliers' cost structures with buyers' order profiles", Management Science 54, (2008), 1861-1875.
- J. Yue, B. Chen, and M. Wang, "Expected value of distribution information for the newsvendor problem", Operations Research 54, (2006), 1128-1136.
- B. Chen, X. Chen, and C. Kanzow, “A penalized Fischer-Burmeister NCP-function", Mathematical Programming 88, (2000), 211-216.
- B. Chen and N. Xiu, “A global linear and local quadratic non-interior continuation method for nonlinear complementarity problems based on Chen-Mangasarian smoothing function", SIAM Journal of Optimization 9, (1999), 605-623.
- B. Chen and C.S. Lin, “Robust min-max regret one-median location problem on tree", Networks 31, (1998), 93-103.
- B. Chen and P.T. Harker, “Smooth approximations to nonlinear complementarity problems", SIAM Journal of Optimization 7, (1997), 403-420.
- B. Chen and P.T. Harker, “A non-interior continuation method for linear complementarity problems", SIAM Journal of Matrix Analysis and Applications 14, (1993), 1168-1190.
- D. Kraay, P.T. Harker and B. Chen, “Optimal pacing of trains in freight railroads: model formulation and solution", Operations Research 39, (1991), 82-99.
- K.W. Ross and B. Chen, “Optimal scheduling of interactive and noninteractive traffic in telecommunication systems", IEEE Transaction on Automatic Control 33, (1988), 261-267.