- About Lerner
- Faculty & Staff
- News & Events
Burton A. Abrams
|Professor of Economics
416B Purnell Hall
- Ph.D., Economics, Ohio State University 1974
- M.A., Economics, Ohio State University 1972
- B.S., Economics, Illinois Institute of Technology, 1968
- Public Choice
- Monetary Economics
Activities and Honors:
- Who's Who in America, 2001 - present
- Lerner Scholar Award, 2009
- Fulbright Professor, University of Split, Split, Croatia, 2002
- Who's Who in America, 2001
- Fulbright Professor, University of the Western Cape, South Africa, 1994
- Visiting Professor, Department of Economics, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia, 1992
- Fulbright Professor, Nankai University, People's Republic of China, 1985-86
- National Science Foundation Grant
- Visiting Staff Economist, Federal Trade Commission , 1984-85
- National Fellow, Hoover Institution, Stanford University, 1978-79
- Director, Conference on Austrian Economics, University of Delaware
- Member, Public Choice Society
- Cash for Clunkers: The Uneasy Case for Subsidizing Energy Efficiency (with G. R. Parsons), Milken Institute Review, forthcoming.
- Is CARS a Clunker? (with G. R. Parsons), The Economist’s Voice, 6(8), 2009.
- Did Corliss Steam Engines Fuel Urban Growth in the Late Nineteenth Century? Less Sanguine Results (with J. Li and J.G. Mulligan), The Journal of Economic History, 68(4), 2008.
- "A Rejoinder to 'A commentary on "Does the Fed contribute to a political business cycle?"' Public Choice, 134,2008.
- “Do Fixed Exchange Rates Fetter Monetary Policy? A Credit View,” (with Russell Settle) Eastern Economic Journal, Vol. 33, No. 2, Spring 2007.
- "How Richard Nixon Pressured Arthur Burns: Evidence From the Nixon Tapes," Journal of Economic Perspectives, Vol. 20, No. 4, Fall 2006.
- "Does the Fed Contribute to the Political Business Cycle?" Public Choice" (with Plamen Iossifov) Public Choice, pp 249-262, Fall 2006.
- Return to Animal Farm, Turkish language edition, 2006.
- “Campaign Finance Reform: A Public Choice Perspective,” (with Russell Settle) Public Choice, Sept. 2004
- Burton Abrams (with Plamen Yossifov ). “The importance of property rights for economic outcomes: Lessons from the transfer of productive assets from collective to private ownership in Bulgarian agriculture,” Proceedings of Enterprise in Transition (Fifth international conference), 2003, pp. 49-51, 2003.