- About Lerner
- Faculty & Staff
- News & Events
Charles R. Link
|Bank of America Professor of Business and Professor of Economics
408 Purnell Hall
E-mail: clinkudel [dot] edu
- Ph.D., Economics, University of Wisconsin, 1971
- M.A., Economics, University of Wisconsin, 1968
- B.A., Economics, University of Missouri, 1966
- Labor Economics
- Economics of Major League Baseball
- Health Economics
Activities and Honors:
- Honor Society Membership, Omicron Delta Epsilon
- Grants: Unidel Foundation, University of Delaware; University of Delaware Research Foundation; State of Delaware; U.S. Department of Labor; U.S. Department of Health and Human Services; Robert Wood Johnson Foundation; W.E Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- University of Delaware Faculty Excellence in Teaching Award, 2000
- Simon Condliffe, Charles R. Link, Shreekant Parasuraman and Michael F. Pollack, “The Effects of Hypertension and Obesity On Total Health-Care Expenditures of Diabetes Patients in the United States,” Applied Economics Letters, vol. 20, No 7, pp. 649-652, 2013.
- Charles R. Link, Michael Staten, and Daniel Brown, "The Success and Failure of Counseling Agency Debt Repayment Plans," Eastern Economic Journal, Vol. 38, pp. 99-117, 2012.
- Charles R. Link and Martin Yosifov, “Contract Length and Salaries: Compensating Wage Differentials,” Journal of Sports Economics, vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 3-19, February 2012.
- Charles R. Link, Marco DiBonaventura, Michael Pollack, Jan-Samuel Wagner, and Setarah Williams, “The Relationship Between Patient-Reported Tolerability Issues With Oral Antidiabetic Agents and Work Productivity Among Type 2 Diabetes Patients,” Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Vol. 53, number 2, pp. 204-21, February 2011.
- Simon Condliffe and Charles Link, “Who Receives Statins? Variations in Physician Prescribing Patterns for Patients with Coronary Heart Disease,” Applied Economic Letters, Vol. 17, no. 17, pp. 1647 – 1652, March 2010.
- Dan Brown and Charles Link, “Population and Bandwagon Effects on Local Team Revenues in Major League Baseball,” (with Dan Brown) Journal of Sports Economics, October, 2008.
- Simon Condliffe and Charles Link, “The Relationship between Economic Status and Child Health: Evidence from the U.S.," (with Simon Condliffe)American Economic Review, Fall, 2008.
- "The Shortage of Registered Nurses and Some New Estimates of the Effects of Wages on RN Labor Supply : A Look at the Past and a Preview of the 21st Century" (with Y. Chiha), Health Policy, Vol. 64, 2003, pp.349-375
- Charles Link and Tevik Aksoy, “A Panel Analysis of Student Mathematics Achievement in the U.S. in the 1990s: Does Increasing the Amount of Time in Learning Activities Affect Math Achievement?” Economics of Education Review, vol. 19, pp. 261-267, July 2000.