- About Lerner
- Faculty & Staff
- News & Events
Christine T. Kydd
|Professor of Operations Management
Department of Business Administration
E-mail: chriskydudel [dot] edu
- Ph.D. - The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, Decision Sciences, 1984
- MBA - Drexel University, Quantitative Systems Analysis, 1977
- BA - Bucknell University, Major: Mathematics, Minor: Secondary Education, 1973
- Use of videoconferencing for international teamwork, including the effects of culture; also the use of videoconferencing for facilitating student-to-student interaction across cultures.
- Effective use of technology in the classroom for teaching Operations Management concepts.
- Best practices for Study Abroad courses/trips for Business students.
- Use of technology for teaching Operations Management concepts
- Use of active learning/simulations/case exercises for teaching Operations Management concepts
- Teaching Operations Management/Operations Research/Supply Chain concepts to undergraduate and graduate students
- Excellence in Teaching Award, University of Delaware 1995
- Ferry, Diane, Kydd, Christine and Boyles, Corinne, “Creating the Global Graduate: A Cross-Cultural Videoconferencing Case Study”, Forthcoming in Decision Sciences Journal of Innovative Education, (Accepted August, 2011).
- Kydd, C. “The Effectiveness of Using a Web-Based Applet to Teach Concepts of Linear Programming: An Experiment in Active Learning”, INFORMS Transactions on Education, Vol. 12, No. 2, January 2012, pp. 78–88.
- Serva, Mark A., Baroudi, Jack J. and Kydd, Christine (2009). ““The Effects of Stereotype Threat on MIS Students: Are Our Female Students Underperforming?” Journal of Computer Information Systems, Vol. 50, No. 2, pp. 142-150.
- Kydd, Christine. and Ferry, Diane. (2009) “Exploring Business Issues in High Tech Fields Using Collaborative Electronic Meeting Tools”, Decision Sciences Journal of Innovative Education, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 155-161.
- Antil, John and Kydd, Christine, (2008) “From the Ground Up: Learning Through Immersion in Business”, Decision Sciences Journal of Innovative Education, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 167-172.
- Ferry, D., Kydd, C., and Sawyer, J. "Measuring Facets of Media Richness". The Journal of Computer Information Systems, 41(4), 2001, 69-78.
- Sawyer, J., Ferry, D., and Kydd, C., “Learning About and From Group Support Systems”, Journal of Management Education, 25(3), 2001, 352-371.
- Morrison, J.L., Kim, H.S. and Kydd, C.T., “Student Preferences for Cybersearch Strategies: Impact On Critical Evaluation of Sources”, Journal of Eucation for Business, Vol. 73, No. 5, May/June, 1998, pp. 264-268.
- Atkinson, M. and C.T. Kydd, “Individual Characteristics Associated with World Wide Web Use: An Empirical Study of Playfulness and Motivation”, DataBase: The DataBase for Advances in Information Systems, 28(2), Spring, 1997, pp. 53-62.
- Kydd, C. T. and D. L. Ferry, "Managerial Use of Video Tele-Conferencing," Information and Management, 27(1994), 369-375.
- Kydd, C. and D. Ferry, "A Study of Managerial Decision Making in Low Probability, High Risk Setting: The Case of Computer Viruses", OMEGA: The International Journal of Management Science, 20(1), January, 1994, pp. 117-126.
- Kydd, C and Hyde, R. "Using a Web - Based Java Applet to Graphically Illustrate Concepts of Linear Programming, SEINFORMS Proceedings, Oct., 2000.
- Kydd, C., “The Effect of Multimedia Presentations on Learning Operations Management: Perception or Reality?”, Proceedings of the Northeast Decision Sciences Institute, March, 1999, pp. 290-292.
- Kydd, C. and Ferry, D., "Electronic Mail and New Methods for Measuring Media Richness," Proceedings of the Association for Information Systems, August, 1995, pp. 246-248.
- Kydd, C. T. and D. L. Ferry, "The Effect of Cognitive Style on Perceptions and Use of Electronic Mail," Northeast Decision Sciences Institute Proceedings, March, 1995, pp. 365-367.
- Kydd, C. T., "The Effective Managerial Use of Video Tele-Conferencing Systems", Northeast Decision Sciences Institute Proceedings, April, 1992, pp. 185-187.