- About Lerner
- Faculty & Staff
- News & Events
|Director, Horn Program in Entrepreneurship
E-mail: freemandudel [dot] edu
- Ph.D., University of Arizona, Marketing, 2001
- MA, University of Arizona, Communication, 1997
- BA, Grinnell College, Economics, 1993
Honors and Activities:
Best Article Published in 2008, Business Ethics Quarterly
YoUDee Leadership Award
|2008||Finalist, YoUDee Leadership Award|
Nominee, MBA Teaching Award
College of & Economics Summer Research Grant ($6,000, with Stewart Shapiro)
General University Research Grant ($6,000).
Outstanding Graduate Teaching Assistant, University of Arizona, Department of Marketing.
Winner, Sheth Foundation Dissertation Grant awarded by the Association for Consumer Research for best public-purpose proposal relevant to consumer behavior ($2,000).
University of Arizona Graduate Fellow in Communication ($5,000).
- Moral Identity and Moral Behaviors
- Social Marketing
- Consumer Socialization
- Symbolic Aspects of Consumption Behaviors
- Internet Marketing/E-Commerce/IT Applications in Marketing
- Marketing Principles
- Marketing Research
- Advertising Management
- Freeman, Dan, Stewart Shapiro and Merrie Brucks (forthcoming, 2009). "Memory Issues in Social Marketing Messages about Behavior Enactment versus Non-enactment," Journal of Consumer Psychology, October.
- *Aquino, Karl, Dan Freeman, Americus Reed II, Vivian Lim, and Will Phelps (2009). "Moral Identity and the Self-Regulation of (Im)Moral Behavior," Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 97, 123-141. (* Karl Aquino and Dan Freeman are co-first authors of this article).
- Freeman, Dan, Karl Aquino, and Brent McFerran (2009). "Overcoming Beneficiary Race as an Impediment to Charitable Donations: Social Dominance Orientation, the Experience of Moral Elevation, and Donation Behavior," Personality & Social Psychology Bulletin, 35, 72-84.
- Freeman, Dan, Merrie Brucks, Melanie Wallendorf, and Wendy Boland (2009). "Children's Understandings of Cigarette Advertisements," Addictive Behaviors, 34, 36-42.
- Aquino, Karl and Dan Freeman (2009). "Moral Identity in Business Situations: A Social-Cognitive Framework for Understanding Moral Functioning," in Personality, Identity, and Character: Explorations in Moral Psychology, Darcia Narvaez and Daniel K. Lapsley (eds.), Cambridge University Press, 375-395.
- Sivaraman, Anu, Dan Freeman, and Stewart Shapiro (2008), "Teenagers Willingness to Share Personal Information with Marketers," Working Paper, presented at the annual meeting of the Association for Consumer Research, San Francisco, October.
- *Shao, Ruodan, Karl Aquino, and Dan Freeman (2008) "Beyond Moral Reasoning: A Review of Moral Identity Research and Its Implications for Business Ethics," Business Ethics Quarterly, 18, 513-540. (* This manuscript was invited and refereed by the journal editor)
- Aquino, Karl, Americus Reed II, Stefan Thau, and Dan Freeman (2007) “A Grotesque and Dark Beauty: How the Self-Importance of Moral Identity and Mechanisms of Moral Disengagement Influence Cognitive, Emotional and Behavioral Reactions to War,” Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 43, 385-392.
- Freeman, Dan, Merrie Brucks and Melanie Wallendorf (2005). "Young Children’s Understandings of Cigarette Smoking," Addiction, 100, 1537-1545.