- About Lerner
- Faculty & Staff
- News & Events
David E. Black
|Associate Professor of Economics
415 Purnell Hall
- Ph.D., Economics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, MA, 1969
- B.A., Physics, Lawrence University, 1963
- International Trade
Activities and Honors:
- Director, Economics Program, University of Delaware-Bulgarian Coalition, 1993-1996
- Acting Chairman, Department of Economics, University of Delaware, DE, 1989-90
- Associate Chairman, Department of Economics, University of Delaware, DE, 1981-82
- Fulbright Award Abroad, U. of Botswana
- National Science Foundation Summer Institute on Urban Economics for College and University Teachers of Economics
- Rockefeller Foundation Award, University of Nairobi
- Excellence in Teaching Award, University of Delaware
- Outstanding Graduate Teaching Award, College of Business and Economics, University of Delaware
- Outstanding Educator Award, Lerner College of Business and Economics, University of Delaware, 2006
- "Equitable Arrangements for Financing Beach Nourishment Projects," (with L. P. Donnelley and R. F. Settle), Ocean and Shoreline Management, Vol. 14, 1990.
- "Drought, Recession Threaten Botswana Success Story," The International Herald Tribune, February 16, 1984.
- "New Evidence on the Achievement of Wealth Neutrality in School Finance," (with K. A. Lewis and C. R. Link), Journal of Human Resources, Spring 1981.
- "Wealth Neutrality and the Demand for Education: A Response," (with K. A. Lewis and C. R. Link), National Tax Journal, June 1980.