- About Lerner
- Faculty & Staff
- News & Events
Dr.Diane L. Ferry
|Associate Professor of Management
Department of Business Administration
E-mail: ferrydudel [dot] edu
- AACSB Information Systems Faculty Development Institute, University of Minnesota, 1984
- PH.D. - University of Pennsylvania, The Wharton School, 1978, Major: Organizational Behavior, Minor: Research Methodology, Decision Science
- MBA - Shippensburg State College, 1974
- BA - Gettysburg College, cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 1969
Honors and Activities:
- Member of National Academy of Management
- Active participant as reviewer for Organization Behavior and Organization and Management Theory Divisions, session moderator for competitive paper sessions
- Ad hoc reviewer for Journal of Business Research, Academy of Management Journal, Administrative Science Quarterly, and Organization Science
- Member of Association for Computing Machinery
- Reviewer for Prentice-Hall, Inc., West Publishing Co., Scott, Foresman and Co., Holt, Rinehart, and Winston, Dryden, and McGraw Hill
- Included in Who's Who of American Women; Who's Who in the East; Who's Who of Emerging Leaders; Personalities of America
- Phi Beta Kappa, Alpha Chapter of Delaware
- Behavioral aspects of computer technologies
- Decision making processes regarding computer security
- Information systems and the use of information in organizations
- Applications of Organization Assessment Theory and instruments to private as well as public sector organizations
- Cognitive theory in the Management Information Systems and Organizational Behavior literatures
- Management Information Systems
- Organization Design
- Macro-Organization Theory
- Principles of Management
- Van de Ven, Andrew H. and Ferry, Diane L. 1980. Measuring and Assessing Organizations. New York: John Wiley & Sons. This book is part of the Wiley-Interscience Series on Organizational Assessment and Change edited by Edward E. Lawler and Stanley E. Seashore.
- Kydd, Christine T. and Ferry, Diane L. 1994. Managerial Use of Video Conferencing. Information & Management, 27, 369- 375.
- Ferry, Diane L. and Kydd, Christine T. 1992. Decision Making in a Low Probability High Risk Setting: The Case of Computer Viruses. Omega: The International Journal of Management Science, 20(1), 117-126.
- Kydd, Christine T. and Ferry, Diane L. 1991. A Behavioral View of Computer Supported Cooperative Work Tools. The Journal of Management Systems, 3(1), 55-67.
- Ferry, Diane L. and Brown, Pamela C. 1992. Book review of The Nature of the Firm: Origin, Evolution, and Development by Oliver E. Williamson and Sidney G. Winter, Eds. Journal of Management, 18(3), 617-619.
- Ferry, Diane L. 1986. Book review of The Collected Works of Mary Parker Follett. Academy of Management Review, 11(2), 451-454.