- About Lerner
- Faculty & Staff
- News & Events
Erwin M. Saniga
Dana Johnson Professor of Information Technology and Professor of Operations Management
- PhD - Management Science (Mathematical Statistics Supporting), Pennsylvania State University
- MBA - Pennsylvania State University
- BS - Pennsylvania State University, Industrial Engineering
- Statistical Process Control
- Production & Operations Management
- Information Technology
- Data Analysis
- Process Improvement
- Process Optimization
- Applied Statistics
- Mathematical and Computer Modeling
Honors and Activities:
- Associate Editor: Economic Quality Control, I. J. Productivity and Quality Management
- Member of the American Society for Quality
- Awards at the University of Delaware for Outstanding Teaching and Outstanding Research
- Visiting Scholar/Artist Award American Academy in Rome
- Alireza Faraz, C. Heuchenne, and Erwin Saniga (2011), “Optimal T2 control chart with a double sampling scheme - an alternative to the MEWMA chart”, forthcoming, Quality and Reliability Engineering International.
- “A modified economic-statistical design of the T2 control chart with variable sample sizes and control limits,” Asghar Seif, Alireza Faraz, Cedric Heuchenne, Erwin Saniga, and M.B. Moghadam (2011) forthcoming, Journal of Applied Statistics.
- “The Optimal Design of the VSI T2 Control Chart”, Faraz, A. R., Kazemzadeh, R. B. Heuchenne, C., and E. Saniga, Journal of the Iranian Statistical Society, Vol. 9, No.1, pp 1-19.
- “Economic Statistical Design of a T2 Control Chart with Double Warning Lines", Alireza Faraz and Erwin Saniga, forthcoming, Quality and Reliability Engineering International. DOI: 10.1002/qre.1095.
- “A Unification and Some Corrections to Markov Chain Approaches to Develop Variable Ratio Sampling Scheme Control Charts”, Alireza Faraz and Erwin Saniga, , Statistical Papers. Volume 52, Number 4, 799-811, DOI: 10.1007/s00362-009-0288-7.
- “Economic and Economic Statistical Design of T2 Control Chart with Two-adaptive Sample Sizes”, Alireza Faraz, R.B. Kazemzadeh, Erwin Saniga, Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation. Vol. 80, No. 12, pp. 1299-1316.
- “Using Shewhart and CUSUM Charts for Diagnosis with Count Data in a Vendor Certification Study”, E. Saniga, D. Davis and J. Lucas, Journal of Quality Technology, Vol. 41, no.3, 2009, pp.217-227.
- “Detecting Improvement with Shewhart Attribute Control Charts When the Lower Control Limit is Zero”, J. Lucas, D. Davis and E. Saniga, IIE Transactions, Vol. 38, 2006, pp. 659-669 ( 2008 Best Paper award IIE Transactions: Quality and Reliability Engineering).
- “Economic advantages of CUSUM Control Charts for Variables, Frontiers in Statistical Quality Control, Vol. 8, H-J Lenz and P-T Wilrich, eds. Physica Verlag pubs, 2006, Erwin Saniga, Thomas McWilliams, Darwin Davis and James Lucas.
- “Economic Control Chart Policies for Monitoring Variables”, Int. J. Productivity and Quality Management, Vol.1, No.1, 2006, E. Saniga, T. McWilliams, D. Davis and J. Lucas, pp. 116-138.