- About Lerner
- Faculty & Staff
- News & Events
Dr.Gary R. Weaver
Professor of Management & Senior Associate Editor, Business Ethics Quarterly
- Ph.D. - Pennsylvania State University, Major: Business Administration, 1995
- Ph.D. - University of Iowa, Major: Philosophy, 1980
- BA - Bucknell University, Majors: Economics and Philosophy, 1974
- Ethical behavior and decision-making in organizations
- Institutional and identity based analyses of corruption and corruption remediation
- Organizational ethics and compliance programs
- Conceptual and methodological issues in organizational ethics research Transition economy business ethics issues
- Ethical, social and political issues in business
- Central Europe MBA/MS study abroad program
- Weaver, G. R. & Stansbury, J. in press. Religion’s influence on employees in organizations: Cognition,
Affect and Behavior. In Lounsbury, Phillips, & Tracey (eds.), Research in the Sociology of
- Weaver, G. R. & Brown, M. E. 2011. Moral foundations at work: New factors to consider in understanding the nature and role of ethics in organizations. In Tenbrunsel & DeCremer, eds., Behavioral Business Ethics: Ideas on an emerging field (Psychology Press/Taylor & Francis/Routledge).
- Treviño, L. K. & Weaver, G. R., 2010. Advances in research on punishment in organizations: Descriptive
and normative perspectives. In M. Schminke, ed., Managerial Ethics: Managing the Psychology
of Morality. Oxford & New York: Routledge.
- Misangyi, V. F., Weaver, G. R., & Elms, H., 2008. Ending corruption: The interplay among institutional logics, resources, and institutional entrepreneurs. Academy of Management Review, 33(3): 750- 770. Awarded “best 2008 article” prize by International Association for Business & Society (awarded 2010).
- Weaver, G. R. & Misangyi, V. 2008. Corporations as citizens against corruption: An institutional
entrepreneurship perspective. In A. G. Scherer & G. Palazzo, eds., Handbook of Research on
Global Corporate Citizenship (Cheltenham, UK & Northamption, MA: Elgar).
- Treviño, L. K., Weaver, G. R., & Brown, M. E., 2008. It’s lovely at the top: Hierarchical levels, identities, and perceptions of organizational ethics. Business Ethics Quarterly 18(2): 233-253.
- Treviño, L. K., Weaver, G. R., & Reynolds, S., 2006. Behavioral ethics in organizations: A review.
Journal of Management, 32(6): 951-990. Journal of Management “scholarly impact award”
finalist (awarded 2011).
- Evans, J., Treviño, L. K., Weaver, G. R., 2006. Who’s in the ethics driver’s seat? Factors influencing ethics in the MBA curriculum. Academy of Management Learning and Education, 5(3): 278-293.
- Weaver, G. R., 2006. Virtue in organizations: Moral identity as a foundation for moral agency.
Organization Studies 27(3): 341-368.
- Weaver, G. R., Treviño, L. K., & Agle, B., 2005. Somebody I look up to: Ethical role modeling in organizations. Organizational Dynamics 34: 313-330.
- Weaver, G. R., 2004. Ethics and employees: Making the connection. Academy of Management Executive, 18: 121-125.
- Weaver, G. R., 2004. Enhancing ethics in business: Research findings and open questions. Notizie di Politeia: Revista di etica e scelte pubbliche (Italy), 20: 41-55.
- Weaver, G. R., & Conlon, D. E. 2003. Explaining façades of choice: Timing, justice effects, and behavioral outcomes. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 33: 2217-2244.
- Watson, S. & Weaver, G. R. 2003. How internationalization affects corporate ethics: Formal structures and informal management processes. Journal of International Management, 9: 75-93.
- L. K. Treviño & G. R. Weaver. 2003. Managing Ethics in Business Organizations: Social Scientific Perspectives. Stanford University Press