- About Lerner
- Faculty & Staff
- News & Events
George T. Tsakumis
Assistant Professor of Accounting
Department of Accounting & MIS
Email: georgetudel [dot] edu
- Ph.D. in Accounting University of South Carolina
- Master of Accountancy Miami University, Oxford, OH
- B.S. in Accounting Miami University, Oxford, OH
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) OHIO (Inactive)
Honors and Activities:
- Outstanding Online Instructor Award, 2010-2011 National Distance Learning Week Awards Ceremony – Drexel University Online
- Best Paper Award, 2009 AAA International Accounting Section Midyear Meeting. Tsakumis, G.T., Doupnik, T.S., & C.P. Agoglia.
- Distinguished Fellow, LeBow College of Business Center for Teaching Excellence, 2009-2012
- Excellence in Teaching Award (LeBow College MBA Anywhere online cohort), 2009
- Excellence in Teaching Award (LeBow College Pharma MBA online cohort), 2009
- Excellence in Teaching Award, LeBow College of Business, 2004
- Excellence in Teaching Award, LeBow College of Business, 2003
- American Accounting Association Doctoral Consortium Fellow, 2002
- Editorial Board Member – Journal of International Accounting, Auditing and Taxation 2009-Present
- Decision-making and decisions maker behavior in accounting and auditing settings, both within, and across countries
- Financial and managerial accounting
- Beaudoin, C.A., Dang, L., Fang, Q., & G.T. Tsakumis. 2012. “The Agency Problem and the Moderating Role of Culturally-Based Management Style on Chinese Managers’ Discretionary Accruals,” Journal of International Accounting, Auditing and Taxation 21(2): 145-155.
- Agoglia, C.P., Doupnik, T.S., & G.T. Tsakumis. 2011. “Principles versus Rules-based Accounting Standards: The Influence of Standard Precision and Audit Committee Strength on Financial Reporting Decisions,” The Accounting Review 86(3): 747-767.
- Porcano, T.M., Tsakumis, G.T., & A.P. Curatola. 2011. “Tax Evasion, National Cultural Dimensions, and Other Country-Structural Metrics,” Journal of Forensic and Investigative Accounting 3(1): 86-115.
- Asare, S.K., Cianci, A.M. & G.T. Tsakumis. 2009. “The Impact of Competing Goals, Experience, and Litigation Consciousness on Auditors’ Judgments,” International Journal of Auditing 13(3): 223-236.
- Agoglia, C.P., Beaudoin, C.A., & G.T. Tsakumis. 2009. “The Effect of Documentation Structure and Task-Specific Experience on Auditors’ Ability to Identify Control Weaknesses,” Behavioral Research in Accounting 21(1): 1-17.
- Tsakumis, G.T., Campbell, D.R., & T.S Doupnik. 2009. “IFRS: Beyond the Standards,” Journal of Accountancy 207(2): 34-39.