- About Lerner
- Faculty & Staff
- News & Events
Harry Jiannan Wang
Associate Professor of MIS
Education and Certificates:
- Ph.D., in Management Information Systems, University of Arizona
- B.S., in Management Information Systems, Tianjin University, China
Honors and Activities:
- PI, "Process Improvement and Optimization for Enterprise Storage Service Management" JP Morgan Chase, 2011 - 2012
- PI, "Achieving Process Intelligence via Process Mining", JP Morgan Chase, 2010 - 2011
- Amazon Cloud Computing Teaching Grant, Amazon, 2011
- PI, "Harnessing Web 2.0 to Support Open Process Innovation", Delaware Design Institute, 2010
- Best Award for Innovation in Technology Instruction, the 20th Workshop on Information Technologies and Systems (WITS), 2010
- Ernst & Young Faculty Research Grant, Department of Accounting and MIS, University of Delaware, 2009 and 2010
- Nominee for Innovation in Teaching Award, the Nineteenth Workshop on Information Technologies and Systems (WITS), 2009
- IBM Cloud Computing Teaching Grant, IBM, 2009
- BPM and SOA Software Grant, Tibco Inc., 2009
- University of Delaware Nominee for Excellence in Teaching Award, 2009
- Best Paper Award, the Second China Summer Workshop on Information Management (CSWIM), 2008
- Nominee for MBA Teaching Award, Lerner College of Business and Economics, University of Delaware, 2007 and 2008
- Best Paper Nominee, the Sixth Workshop on E-business (WeB), 2007
- General University Research Grant, University of Delaware, 2007
- BPM Software Grant, Ultimus Inc., 2006
- James F. LaSalle Award for Teaching Excellence, MIS Department, University of Arizona, 2005
- MIS Instructor of the Year, Eller College of Management, University of Arizona, 2005
- Database Management
- Business Process Management
- System Analysis and Design
- Business Process Management
- Workflow Technology and Applications
- Services Computing
- Enterprise Systems
- Access Control in E-commerce
- Xue Bai, Ramayya Krishnan, Rema Padman, and Harry J. Wang, “On Risk Management with Information Flows in Business Processes”, Information Systems Research, 2012, forthcoming.
- Wang, H.J., Zhao, J.L., and Chen, G. "Managing Data Security in E-Markets through Relationship Driven Access Control," Journal of Database Management, 23(2), 1-21, 2012.
- Wang, H.J., and Zhao, J.L. "Constraint-centric Workflow Change Analytics," Decision Support Systems (51), 2011, pp. 562-575.
- Wang, H.J., and Wu, H. "Supporting Process Design for e-Business via an Integrated Process Repository," Information Technology and Management (12), 2011, pp. 97-109.
- Wang, H.J., Blue, J., and Plourde, M. "Community Source Software in Higher Education," IEEE IT Professional (12:6), 2010, pp. 31-37.
- Chen, H.-M., Wang, H.J., and Zhao, J.L. "Research Directions and Issues of Service Research: A Perspective of Business Information System," Pacific Asia Journal of the Association for Information Systems (2:1), 2010.
- Li, J., Wang, H.J., Zhang, Z., and Zhao, J.L. "A Policy-based Process Mining Framework: Mining Business Policy Texts for Discovering Process Models," Journal of Information Systems and E-Business Management (8), 2010, pp. 169-188.
- Wang, H.J., Zhao, J.L., and Zhang, L.-J. "Policy-Driven Process Mapping (PDPM): Discovering Process Models from Business Policies," Decision Support Systems (48:1), 2009, pp. 267-281.
- Zhao, J.L., Hsu, C., Jain, H.K., Spohrer, J.C., Tanniru, M., and Wang, H.J. "Bridging Service Computing and Service Management: How MIS Contributes to Service Orientation," Communications of the Association for Information Systems (22), 2008, pp. 413 - 428.
- Zhao, J.L., Goul, M., Purao, S., Vitharana, P., and Wang, H.J. "Impact of Service-Centric Computing on Business and Education," Communications of the Association for Information Systems (22), 2008, pp. 295-310.
- Geerts, G.L., and Wang, H.J. "The Timeless Way of Building REA Enterprise Systems," Journal of Emerging Technologies in Accounting (4), 2007, pp. 161-182.
- Wang, H.J., Cheng, H.K., and Zhao, J.L. "Web Services Enabled e-Market Access Control Model," International Journal of Web Services Research (1:1), 2004, pp. 21-40.