- About Lerner
- Faculty & Staff
- News & Events
Dr. Hemant V. Kher
|Associate Professor of Operations Management
Department of Business Administration
E-mail: kherhudel [dot] edu
- Ph.D. - University of South Carolina, Production and Operations Management, 1994
- M.Ad., Lynchburg College, Virginia, Industrial Administration, 1989
- B.S - Bombay University, Physics, 1984
- Longitudinal Data
- Growth Modeling
- Operations Management
- Data Analysis
Honors and Activities:
- MBA Teaching Award (2007)
- Stanley T Hardy award for Best Paper in Operations Management (2003)
- University of Delaware Summer Research Grant (Summers 2000-03, 05, 06)
- Best theoretical paper in the POM track at the NEDSI conference (2000)
- Best paper award in POM track at the SE-INFORMS conference (1998)
- UNIV 101 Teaching Experience Workshop (1998)
- Beta Gamma Sigma (1996)
- DSI Doctoral Student Consortium (1992)
- Kher, H. V., and Jean-Philippe Laurenceau (2011), "Latent Growth Models for Operations Management Research: A Methodological Primer". The chapter will appear in the book entitled "Learning Curves: Theory, Models, and Applications", edited by Professor Mohamad Jaber.
- Serva, M. A., Kher, H. V., and Jean-Philippe Laurenceau (2011). Using Latent Growth Modeling to Understand Longitudinal Effects in MIS Theory: A Primer, Communications of the Association for Information Systems, Vol. 28, No. 1, 213-232.
- Jensen, J. B. and Kher, H. V. (2009). Understanding the Impact of Process Variability: A Tool to Build Student Intuition. Decision Sciences Journal of Innovative Education, Vol. 7, No. 2, 423-428.
- Davis, D. J., Kher, H. V., and Wagner, B. J. (2009). Influence of Workload Imbalances on the Need for Worker Flexibility. Computers & Industrial Engineering Journal, Vol. 57, No. 1, 319-329.
- Reprint: The following article appeared as a reprint in the Handbook of Military Industrial Engineering, CRC Press, (2009): Jaber, M. Y., Kher, H. V., and Davis, D. J. (2003). "Countering Forgetting Through Training and Deployment," International Journal of Production Economics, Vol. 85, No. 1, pp. 33-46.
- Zamiska, J. R., Jaber, M. Y., and Kher, H. V. (2007). Worker deployment in dual resource constrained systems with a task-type factor. European Journal of Operational Research, Vol. 177, 1507-1519.
- Jaber, M. Y., and Kher, H. V. (2004). Variant versus invariant time to total forgetting: Revisiting the learn-forget curve model. Computers and Industrial Engineering, Vol. 46, No.4, 697-605.
- Gehrlein, W. V., and Kher, H. V. (2004). Decision rules: Awards versus elections. INTERFACES, Vol. 34, No. 3, 226-234.
- Kher, H. V., and Fredendall, L. (2004). A generalization of variance countering strategies. Computers & Industrial Engineering, Volume 46, No. 1, 101-120.
- Jaber, M. Y., Kher, H. V., and Davis, D. J. (2003). Countering forgetting through training and deployment. Special issue, International Journal of Production Economics, Vol. 85, No. 1, 33-46.
- Wagner, B. J., Davis, D. J., and Kher, H. V. (2002). The production of several items on a single facility with linearly changing demand rates. Decision Sciences, Vol. 33, No. 3, 317- 346.
- Kher, H. V., and Jensen, J. B. (2002). Shop performance implications of using cells, partial cells and remainder cells. Decision Sciences, Vol. 33, No. 2, 161-190 (this paper won the Stanley T. Hardy Award for the Best Paper in Operations Management for 2002).
- Jaber, M. Y., and Kher, H. V. (2002). The dual-phase learning and forgetting model. International Journal of Production Economics, Vol. 76, No. 3, 229-242.
- Kher, H. V., and Fry, T. D. (2001). Labor flexibility and assignment policies in a job shop having incommensurable objectives. International Journal of Production Research, Vol. 39, No. 11, 2295-2311.
- Kher, H. V. (2000). Examination of flexibility acquisition policies in dual resource constrained job shops with simultaneous worker learning and forgetting effects. Journal of Operational Research Society, Vol. 51, No. 5, 592-601.
- Kher, H. V. (2000). Examination of worker assignment and dispatching rules for managing vital customer priorities in dual resource constrained job shop environments. Computers & Operations Research, Vol. 27, No. 6, 525-537.
- Kher, H. V., Malhotra, M. K., and Steele, D. C. (2000). The effect of push and pull lot splitting approaches on lot traceability and material handling costs in stochastic flow shop environments. International Journal of Production Research, Vol. 38, No. 1, 141-160.
- McMurtrey, M. E., Grover, V., Teng, J. T. C., and Kher, H. V. (2000). Current Utilization of CASE technology: Lessons from the field. Industrial Management & Data Systems, Vol. 100, No. 1&2, 22-30.
- Kher, H. V., Malhotra, M. K., Philipoom, P. R., and Fry, T. D. (1999). Modeling simultaneous worker learning and forgetting in dual resource constrained systems. European Journal of Operational Research, Vol. 115, No. 1, 158-172.