- About Lerner
- Faculty & Staff
- News & Events
Jeffrey B. Miller
|Professor of Economics
419 Purnell Hall
- Ph.D., Economics, University of Pennsylvania, 1976
- B.A., Economics, Amherst College, Magna Cum Laude, 1968
- Comparative Economic Systems
- Economics of Transition
Activities and Honors:
- Editor, Comparative Economic Studies, 2001 - 2007
- Board, Council of Euro-Asian and Eastern European Research, 2000- 2006
- Editorial Board, Journal of Comparative Economics, 1996-1999.
- Honor Society Membership, Phi Beta Kappa
- Grants: National Research Council, National Science Foundation, U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. - Israeli Bi-national Science Foundation, William Davidson Foundation,State Department Title VIII
- "On the Role of Government in Transition: The Experience of China and Russia Compared," (with Stoyan Tenev), Comparative Economic Studies, Vol. 49, pp. 543-571, 2007.
- "Comment on Gur Ofer and Justin Yifu Lin," pp. 84-88 in Francois Bourguignon, Yehuda Elkana, and Boris Pleskovic (eds.) Capacity Building in Economics Education and Research, World Bank, 2007.
- “Contract Enforcement in the Early Transition of an Unstable Economy” (with Kenneth Koford), Economic Systems ,March, 2006.
- “State and Ownership Reforms in Transition Economies: China vs. the Orthodoxy.” (with Stoyan Tenev) in Wojciech Bienkowski, Mariusz-Jan Radlo and Josef Brada (eds), Reagan Goes Global, Palgrave (2006).
- "Inflation and the Bulgarian Currency Board," (with Stacie Beck and Mohsen Saad), International Journal of Development Issues, December, 2005.
- "Macroeconomic Policy and Collective Action" (with Kenneth Koford and David Colander), in Collective Choice: Essays in honor of Mancur Olson, edited by Jac Heckelman and Dennis Coates, Springer, 2003.
- "The Bulgarian Banking System," (with G. Caporale, K. Hristov, N. Nenovsky and B. Petrov) in Z. Sevic, ed., Bank Reform in South-East Europe, Edward Elgar, Cheltenham, 2003.
- "The Economy (of Bulgaria)" in Central and South-Eastern Europe various editions, Europa Publications London, 2002-2009.
- "The Bulgarian Currency Board," Comparative Economic Studies, Vol. XLIII No.1 Spring 2001 p. 53-74.