- About Lerner
- Faculty & Staff
- News & Events
John F. Preble
|Professor of Management
Department of Business Administration
E-mail: preblejudel [dot] edu
- Ph.D. - University of Massachusetts, Business Administration, Environmental Analysis and Policy, 1981
- MBA - University of Maine, 1975
- BA - Nasson College, Business and Economics, 1969
- Business Ethics
- Crisis Management
- Environmental Scanning
- Strategic Control
- Global Strategic Management
- Strategic Management
- International Business Management
Honors and Activities:
- Academy of Management. Member of the Business Policy and Strategy Division and the International Management Division
- The Academy of International Business
- Member and Former Advisor, Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society
- Head of the Administrative and Strategic Management Faculty (5/87-2/89)
- Editorial Review Board Member, Journal of Managerial Issues, 1988 - present
- Editorial Review Board Member, Journal of Business and Management, 1991 - present
- Bronze State Medal, U.S. Army (1971)
- Preble, J., Hoffman, R. C. (2006). Strategies for Business Format Franchisors to Expand into Global Markets. Journal of Marketing Channels, 13(3), 29-50.
- Preble, J. (2005). Towards a Comprehensive Model of Stakeholder Management. Business and Society Review, 110(4), 407-431.
- Hoffman, R. C., Preble, J. (2004). Global Franchising: Current Status and Future Challenges. Journal of Services Marketing, 18(2), 101-113.
- Hoffman, R. C., Preble, J. (2003). Convert to Compete: Competitive Advantage Through Conversion Franchising. Journal of Small Business Management, 41(2), 187-204.
- Hoffman, R. C., Preble, J. (2001). Global Diffusion of Franchising: A Country Level Examination. Multinational Business Review, 11(1), 66-76.
- Preble, J., Reichel, A., Hoffman, R. C. (2000). Strategic Alliances for Competitive Advantage: Evidence from Israel's Hospitality and Tourism Industry. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 19(3), 327-341.
- Preble, J., Hoffman, R. C. (1999). The Nature of Ethics Codes in Franchise Associations Around the Globe. Journal of Business Ethics, 18(3), 239-253.
- Preble, J., Hoffman, R. C. (1998). Sustaining Competitive Advantage Through Specialty Franchising. Journal of Consumer Marketing, 15(1), 64-77.
- Preble, J., Reichel, A. (1997). Lessons from PepsiCo's Entry into the Israeli Market. International Journal of Management, 14(4), 619-632.
- Preble, J. (1997). Integrating the Crisis Management Perspective into the Strategic Management Process. Journal of Management Studies, 34(5), 769-791.