- About Lerner
- Faculty & Staff
- News & Events
John H. Antil
|Associate Professor of Marketing
Department of Business Administration
- Ph.D., Pennsylvania State University
- MBA, Amos Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College
- BA, University of Massachusetts
Honors and Activities:
- American Marketing Association
- Association for Consumer Research
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Beta Gamma Sigma
- Alpha Mu Alpha
- American Marketing Association Dissertation Grant
- Wicke's Market Research Competition (directed student consumer research project which placed second in national competition)
- Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching Award, 1981, Penn State
- University of Delaware Research Grant 1981, 1982, 1985
- Outstanding Young Men of America, 1983
- Outstanding Teaching Award, 1985 and 1994 University of Delaware
- Golden Key Society, Honorary Member, University of Delaware
- Pavelchak, Mark, John H. Antil, and James Munch (1993), "Why Do People Recall TV Ads? A Comparison of Viewer Beliefs And Objective Contextual Determinants of Recall", in Classical and Contemporary Perspectives on Marketing Thought, P. Rajan Varadarajan and Bernard Jaworski eds. American Marketing Association.
- Antil, John H., (1992) "Are You Committing Marketcide?" Journal of Services Marketing, Vol. 6, No. 2 (Spring), pp. 45-53.
- Pavelchak, Mark, John H. Antil, and James Munch (1988), "The Super Bowl: An Investigation into the Relationship Among Program Context, Emotional Experience, and Ad Recall," Journal of Consumer Research, Vol. 15, No. 3 (December), pp. 360- 367.
- Antil, John H., (1988) "New Product Adoption - When Does it Happen?," Journal of Consumer Marketing, Vol. 5, No. 2, Spring, pp. 5-16.
- Antil, John H. and James Munch (1988),"The Drugstore Shopper: Who are They and What Do They Buy?," Journal of Pharmaceutical Marketing & Management, Vol. 2, No. 3 (Spring), pp. 11-38.
- Antil, John H. (1986), "Consumer Perceptions of Convenience Food Users," in Advances in Consumer Research, Vol. 14, Paul Anderson and Mellanie Wallendorf, eds., Chicago: Association for Consumer Research, (summary), p. 558.
- Antil, John H. (1985) "Couponing as a Promotional Tool: Consumers Do Benefit", Journal of Consumer Affairs, Vol. 19, No. 2 (Winter), pp. 316-327.
- "Who Buys What Where?" with James Munch, in Marketing Pharmaceutical Services: Patron Loyalty, Satisfaction and Preferences, Harry A. Smith and Stephen Joel Coons, eds., 1992, pp. 71-97. Published previously as "The Drugstore Shopper: Who Are They and What Do They Buy?" in Journal of Pharmaceutical Marketing and Management, Vol.2, No.3, Spring, 1988,pp. 11-38
- Research in Consumer Behavior, Volume 2, JAI Press Inc. Sheth and Hirschman (editors), The Journal of Consumer Affairs, Winter, Vol.23, No. 2, 1989, pp. 407-410.