- About Lerner
- Faculty & Staff
- News & Events
Assistant Professor of MIS
Education and Activities:
- Ph.D., Virginia Commonwealth University – Business. Major: Information Systems, Minor: Management
- M.B.A., Santa Clara University. Concentration: Information Systems
- B.S., University of California, Davis. Major: Computer Science and Mathematics
Honors and Activities:
- General University Research Program (GUR) Grant, University of Delaware, 2010.
- Capstone Experience Grant, University of Delaware, 2009.
- Best Paper Award: for “Organizational Power and Information Security,” The 4th Annual Symposium on Information Assurance (ASIA ’09), June 2009.
- Best Paper Award for “XBRL Financial Reports and XML Databases in Accounting Information Systems,” 2008 AIS Educator Conference, June 2008.
- Doctoral Level Dean’s Scholar, Virginia Commonwealth University, 2007.
- Information Systems Honor Society, Beta Gamma Sigma, 2007 to present.
- Beta Gamma Sigma – Information Systems Honor Society, 2007
- Dean’s Scholar, Virginia Commonwealth University, 2007
- KPMG Doctoral Scholar and Fellow, 2002 – 2006
- Database Systems Design and Implementation
- Information Technology Project Management
- Knowledge Management
- Decision Support Systems
- Healthcare Informatics
- Jon T. Blue, and Joseph K. H. Tan, Health Management Information System Strategic Planning and Managerial Accountability in “Health Management Information System, Methods and Practical Applications,” 3rd” Joseph K. H. Tan and Fay Cobb Payton (eds.), Jones and Barlett, forthcoming.
- Health Management Strategic Information System Planning / Information Requirements, in “Adaptive Health Management Information Systems: Concepts, Cases, and Practical Applications,” 3rd edition, Joseph Tan with Fay Cobb Payton (eds.), Jones and Bartlett, 2010 (with Tan, Joseph).
- Wang, H., Blue, J., Plourde, M. (2010) "Community Source Software in Higher Education.” Accepted at IEEE IT Professional.
- Blue, J., Osatuyi, B., Andoh-Baidoo, F. K. (2010) “Managing Organizational Culture: The Use of Scenarios and Domain Memory in Organizational Mentoring.” The International Journal of Knowledge, Culture and Change Management. 10(1): 573-588.
- Blue, J. (2010) “PHYSICIANS’ NON-USE OF TECHNOLOGY: Why, Oh Why Aren’t Physicians Heavily Using Technology? What Technology Acceptance Theories Do Not Explain.” International Journal of Healthcare Delivery Reform Initiatives. 2(1): 1-16.
- Blue, J., Osatuyi, B., Andoh-Baidoo, F. K. (2010) “Improving knowledge management and organizational learning: The use of scenarios and domain memory in academic tutoring,” International Journal of Innovation and Learning. 8(6): 28-41.
- Blue, J., Dhillon, Gurpreet. “Organizational Power and Information Security,” The 4th Annual Symposium on Information Assurance. (June 2009).
- Blue, J., Andoh-Baidoo, F. K., Thomas, M., Dance, M. J. “The Emerging Economy Melting Pot: The Winning Factors.” The 10th Annual Global Information Technology Management (GITM) World Conference. (June 2009).
- Blue, J., Serva, M., Baroudi, J., Benamati, J. “Human versus Virtual Moments: A Proposed Theoretical Framework for Understanding Their Implications in the Workplace.” Association for Computing Machinery Special Interest Group on Computer Personnel Research (ACM SIGCPR). (May 2009).
- Blue, J., Osatuyi, B., Andoh-Baidoo, F. K. “Enhancing Knowledge Management Process in Academic Tutoring: The use of Domain Memory and Scenarios,” Southwest Decision Sciences Institute. (February 2009).
- Jon T. Blue, and Clinton E. White, Jr., “XBRL Financial Reports and XML Databases in Accounting Information Systems,” 2008 AIS Educator Conference, June 2008, Won Best Paper Award.
- Jon T. Blue, and Francis K. Andoh-Baidoo, “Organizational Memory and Knowledge Systems (OMKS): An Integrated Approach to Building Modern Decision Support Systems,” Pre-International Conference for Information Systems (ICIS) Decision Support Systems Special Interest Group Workshop, December, 2006.
- Jon T. Blue, Francis K. Andoh-Baidoo, and John W. Sutherland, “The Use of Directive Decision Devices to Make Effective Management Decisions: Applications in the Financial Industry.” Hawai'i International Conference on System Sciences – 39, Kauai, Hawai'i, January, 2006.
- Jon T. Blue, A. James Wynne, and Charles Franz, “Assessing the Added Value of Project Management Professionals: A Study of Organizational and Personal Perspectives.” Decision Sciences Institute, November, 2005.
- Jon T. Blue, “The application of the structurational model of technology to human resources information systems: predicting events to come.” Southeast Decision Sciences Institute, February, 2005.
- Jon T. Blue, A. James Wynne, and Charles Franz, “Information Technology Enabled Project Management Curricula: A Comparative Study of Academic Programs in the United States.” Decision Sciences Institute, November, 2004.
- Lynda Hodgson, Elizabeth White, Jon Blue, L. Boone, and C. Whittier, "Utilizing on-line and traditional teaching methods concurrently: Student preferences and impacts on performance" Proceedings of the 2004 Teaching and Learning Conference. Orlando, Florida, January 2004.