- About Lerner
- Faculty & Staff
- News & Events
Kent E. St. Pierre
Professor of Accounting
Education and Certificates:
- Ph.D., Washington University - St. Louis, MO
- M.B.A., Eastern Illinois University
- B.S., Eastern Illinois University
- Certified Public Accountant
Honors and Activities:
- Chair of the Department of Accounting & MIS, University of Delaware (1993 to 2006)
- Director of the School of Accounting, James Madison University (1987 to 1992)
- Supervise Earned Income Tax Program and Accounting Internship programs at University of Delaware
- Lester Chadwick Department Teaching Award, 2010
- "APLG Section of the AAA - Award for Outstanding Leadership and Service in Accounting Education - 2009"
- Lerner College of Business - Outstanding Outreach/Service Award - 2008
- Editor - Issues in Accounting Education (2007-2010)
- Accounting Programs Leadership Group of the American Accounting Association (President)
- American Accounting Association Teaching & Education Achievement Award for "Substantive Contributions to the Field of Accounting Education" (1998)
- Editor - Journal of Accounting Education (1984-1999)
- Teaching & Curriculum Section of the American Accounting Association (President, Vice President, & Secretary)
- Executive Committee of the American Accounting Association (member for 4 years)
- Arthur Andersen Alumni Professor
- Slocomb College Service Award, 1999
- Financial accounting
- Financial reporting and analysis
- “The Role of Accounting Education Research in our Discipline”, Journal of Accounting Education, 2009. Reprinted in Accounting Education: An International Journal
- "Response to the Progress Report of the SEC Advisory Committee on Improvements to Financial Reporting Issues", Accounting Horizons, December 2008.
- "Groupthink in Accounting Education", Advances in Accounting Education, Summer 2008.
- "Publish or Perish - Is this Really a Viable Set of Options?", Accounting Education: An International Journal, September 2007.