- About Lerner
- Faculty & Staff
- News & Events
Mark A. Serva
Assistant Professor of MIS
Education and Certificates:
- Ph.D., The University of Texas at Austin
- M.B.A., Syracuse University, NY
- B.S., Mansfield University of Pennsylvania
Honors and Activities:
- Recipient of UD’s Exemplary Use of Technology Award, Spring 2007.
- Nominee for University of Delaware’s University-wide Teaching Award, 2006.
- Nominee for MBA Teaching Award, 2006 & 2007.
- Information Systems Department Best Teacher Award, Baylor University, 1998 & 1999.
- System Analysis, Design, and Implementation (MISY430)
- Database (MISY330)
- Emerging Technology (MISY340)
- Member of the Board of Leaders for the Institute for Transforming Undergraduate Education (ITUE)
- Consultant for Faculty Development Workshops
- Benamati, J., Fuller, M., Serva, M., Baroudi, J., “Clarifying the Integration of Trust and TAM in E-Commerce Environments: Implications for Systems Design and Management,” forthcoming in IEEE Transactions for Engineering Management
- Fuller, M., Serva, M., Benamati, J., “Seeing is Believing: The Transitory Influence of Reputation Information on E-Commerce Trust and Decision-Making,” Decision Sciences, vol. 38, no. 4.
- Benamati, John, Serva, Mark A., Galleta, D., Harris, A., Niederman, F., “The Slippery Slope of MIS Academia: A Discussion of the Quest for Relevance in Our Discipline,” volume 18, article 32, March 2007, Communications of the AIS, 2007.
- Benamati, J. and Serva, M.A., “Trust and Distrust in Online Banking,” Journal of Information Technology Development, vol. 17, no. 3, February 2007.
- Serva, M. A., Fuller, M. A. and Mayer, R. C., “The Evolution of Trust between Interdependent Teams: A Model of Reciprocal Trust,” Journal of Organizational Behavior, September 2005.
- Serva, M. A., Fuller, M. A., and Benamati, J., “Trustworthiness In B2C E-Commerce: Empirical Test Of Alternative Models," Data Base for Advances in Information Systems, vol. 36, no. 3, Summer 2005.
- Aquino, K. and Serva, M., “Using Dual Role Assignment to Improve the Systems Analysis and Design Class: An Investigation of Social Capital in Teams,” Journal of Management Education, February 2005.
- Serva, M. A. and Fuller, M. A., “The Effects of Trustworthiness Perceptions on the Formation of Initial Trust: Implications for MIS Student Teams,” Journal of Information Systems Education, Winter 2004.
- Serva, M. and Fuller, M. A., “Aligning What We Do and What We Measure in Business Schools: Incorporating Media Use and Active Learning in the Assessment of Instruction,” Journal of Management Education, February 2004.