- About Lerner
- Faculty & Staff
- News & Events
Hospitality Information Technology
Hotel, Restaurant and Institutional Management
Alfred Lerner College of Business & Economics
University of Delaware
14W. Main Street
Newark, DE 19716 USA
302 533 8004
mnbaqirudel [dot] edu (Contact Information)
Education and Certification:
- Ph.D. Information Systems, University of North Carolina at Greensboro 2009
- MBA, General Management, Eastern Illinois University, 2005
- MS , Technology, Eastern Illinois University 2004
- M.Sc., Computer Science, Islambad Pakistan 2000
- B.Sc. Mathematics and Physics, Multan Pakistan 1997
- Certified Quality Professional
(ISO 9000-2000 Quality Standards and Quality Auditing), National University of Science and Technology, Rawalpindi Pakistan
- Certified Software Quality Engineer
(ISO 9000-2000 Quality Standards for Software and CMMI) 2002, National University of Science and Technology, Rawalpindi Pakistan
- Certificatie in Teacher's Training
Allama Iqbal Open University, 1998 Islamabad, Pakistan
- ICT based Socio- Economic Devleopment
- Global Information Technology Management
- Knowledge Management
- Technology and Innovation
- Service Oriented Architecture
- Emerging Issues in Information Technology
- Information Security Architecture and Assurance
- System Analysis and Design
- Business Web Design and Programming
- Database and Network Management
- IT and Business Strategy
Honors and Activities:
- Outstanding Graduate Teaching Award, University of North Carolina at Greensboro 2009
- Wachovia Fellowship Award, 2008-2009
- Received a grant of Pak Rupees 400,000 from the Government of Pakistan in December 2008-January 2009 to develop research capacity in faculty and graduate students in Pakistan.
- Received a grant of Pak Rupees 250,000 from the Government of Pakistan in December 2006-January 2007 to deliver workshops on qualitative research methods and design methods for computer science researchers in Pakistan.
- Best Conference Paper Award from International Conference on E-Governance, New Delhi, India, July 2006.
- President, Graduate Students Advisory Council in Eastern Illinois University (EIU) for 2004-2005.
- Outstanding International Student Award for the academic year 2003-2004 from EIU.
- Received three William Travel Awards from graduate school at EIU.
- Invited to present at 2004 EIU Legislative Showcase in Springfield, Illinois.
- “Citations Analysis of IS Journals: Separating Facts from Fiction”, with Prashant Palvia, Shailendra Palvia, Communications of the AIS, Vol 24, June 2009.
- “Ba for Knowledge Cities: A Futuristic Technology Model”, with Yunus Kathawala, Journal of Knowledge Management, Vol. 2(4), December 2004.
- “Global Information Technology Architecture: Foundations and Organizational Issues” with Prashant Palvia and Sharm Manwani in “Managing Global Information Technology: Strategies and Challenges” by Prashant Palvia, Shailendra Palvia and Albert Harris. Ivy League Publishing, Atlanta, GA.
- “A Comparative Analysis of e-Government Strategies” with Lakshmi Iyer and Tim Vollmer in Mitra R.K. (Ed.) eGovernment Macro Issues. Global Institute of Flexible Systems Management Publishing, New Delhi, India.
- M. Naveed Baqir “ICT based Socio-Economic Development in Developing Countries: The Case of Pakistan” Doctoral Consortium at Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS), 2008, Toronto, Canada
- M. Naveed Baqir, Prashant Palvia, “Role of ICTs in the Socio-Economic evelopment of Developing Countries” Conference of the Global Information Technology Management Association 2008, Atlanta, Georgia USA.
- M. Naveed Baqir, “Antecedents of E-Government Success: A Phenomenological tudy”, Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS) 2007, Keystone, Colorado, USA.
- Dai Hua, M. Naveed Baqir, and Hamid Nemati, “A Comparison of User Interface Features on Decision Making in Mobile Computing and Traditional Environment: A Cross Cultural Study”, International Conference of the Global Information Technology Management Association 2007, Napoli, Italy
- M. Naveed Baqir, “Role of Information Communication Technologies in Economic Development: Case Studies of Orange County (California), North Carolina and Pakistan”, International Conference of the Global Information Technology Management Association 2007, Napoli, Italy.
- Dai Hua, M. Naveed Baqir, and Hamid Nemati, “A Comparison of User Interface Features on Decision Making in Mobile Computing and Traditional Environment”, International Conference of the Information Resource Management Association 2007, Vancouver, Canada.
- M. Naveed Baqir, Rakesh Babu, and Prashant Palvia, “Silent Revolution: Historical Perspective of ICTs Growth and Socio-Economic Development of Pakistan,” Annual Meeting of the National Decision Sciences Institute, Phoenix, Arizona, 2007.
- Lakshmi Iyer, M. Naveed Baqir and Timo Vollmer, “A Comparative Analysis of e-Government Strategies”, International Conference on E-Governance, 2006, New Delhi, India. Best Conference Paper Award
- M. Naveed Baqir, Amna Latif, Ruth King, Prashant Palvia and Praveen Pinjani, “Role of Expectation-Disconfirmation in Online Course Management Systems”, Americas Conference on Information Systems, 2006, Acapulco, Mexico
- M. Naveed Baqir, Rakesh Babu and Prashant Palvia “A Meta-Analysis of Geographical Information System Research in Business”, Global Information Technology Management Association Conference 2006, Orlando, Florida, USA
- Ahmad Raza, Rashid Kausar, David Paul and M. Naveed Baqir “Knowledge Democracy: Transformations of The World in The New Millennium by eLearning”, Fourth European Conference on e-Learning 2005, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- M. Naveed Baqir, Yunus Kathawala, “Management Model for Organizational Knowledge Sharing”, Third International Conference on Active Media Technology 2005, Kagawa, Japan.
- M. Naveed Baqir, “Managing Knowledge in Organizational Operations”, Annual Midwest Business Administration Association Conference 2005, Chicago, Illinois, USA
- M. Naveed Baqir, “E-merging Ba for Sharing and Creating Organizational Knowledge”, International Workshop on Frontiers of Information Technology, 2004, Pakistan.
- M. Naveed Baqir, “Strategic Knowledge Management for Futuristic Organizations”, 7th International Protégé Conference, 2004, Bethesda, Maryland, USA.
- Farooq Ahmad, M. Naveed Baqir, “Semantic Web and the Ontological Web Framework for Creating Knowledge Management systems”, IEEE International Multi-topic Conference, Pakistan.
- Farooq Ahmad, Arshad Ali, Hiroki Suguri, M. Naveed Baqir and Kashif Iqbal, “Integration of Web Services and Agents in Distributed Grid Environment”, 9th Symposium on high assurance systems, 2003, Japan.
- M. Naveed Baqir, Rashid Kausar, “Use of Intelligent Agents for Organizational Transformation”, IEEE International Multi-topic Conference 2002, Karachi Pakistan.
- M. Naveed Baqir, Rashid Kausar, M. Nadeem Ashiq and M. Ahmed Jamal, “Khoji, Intelligent Agents for Business Applications”, IEEE International Multi-topic Conference 2002, Karachi, Pakistan.
- M. Naveed Baqir, Rashid Kausar, “Role of IT in Business Intelligence”, with Rashid Kausar, National Workshop on Trends in IT, 9th March 2002, Islamabad, Pakistan.