- About Lerner
- Faculty & Staff
- News & Events
Paul A. Laux
|Professor of Finance
- Ph.D. - Vanderbilt University, 1988
- MBA - Xavier University, 1983
- A.B. - University of Cincinnati
- Corporate finance
- Market microstructure
- Financial markets
- Law and finance
- Corporate governance
- Managerial finance
- International Financial Management
- Financial Economics
Honors and Activities:
- Award for the Outstanding Paper in Derivatives, Southern Finance Association, 1999.
- CBOT Award for Best Paper in Futures and Futures Options, Western Finance Association
- Meetings, for “Intraday Price Formation in the Stock Index Futures Market,” 1993.
- CBOT Award for Best Paper in Futures and Futures Options, Southwestern Finance Association
- Meetings, for “Estimating the Bid-Ask Spread in a Heteroskedastic Market: The Case of Currency Futures,” with A. J. Senchack, 1993.
- Dorney Grant for Development of Finance Instructional Software, 2000.
- Finalist for Weatherhead School of Management Best Teacher Award, 1995, 1999.
- Department of Finance Nominee for CBA Foundation Teaching Award (Graduate School of
- Business, University of Texas Award for Assistant Professors), 1993.
- Rendigs Fels Award for Teaching Excellence, Vanderbilt University, 1988.
- Corporate Governance, Idiosyncratic Risk and Information Flow, with M. Ferreira, forthcoming in 2007, The Journal of Finance
- Misreaction with C.N.V. Krishnan, Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis 40: 2, June 2005, 403-435.
- The Information Content of Corporate Investment Announcements: The Case of Joint Ventures,
with A. Keown and J. Martin, Research in Finance, 22, Fall 2005.
- "Fragmentation and Complementarity: The Case of EPPs" with S. Brown-Hruska, Journal of Futures Markets 22:8, August 2002, 697-727. (Lead Article)
- "An Empirical Framework and Teaching Note for Introducing Financial Management in the First MBA Core Class," with B. Simkins, Journal of Financial Education, Falll 2002. (Lead Article)
- "Operational Hedges and the Foreign Exchange Exposure of US Multinational Corporations," with B. Simkins and C. Pantzalas, Journal of International Business Studies 32:4, December 2001.
- "How US Multinational Corporations Manage Foreign Exchange Rate Exposure," with C. Pantzalas and Betty Simkins, Corporate Finance Review 4:6, May/June 2000, 5-14.