- About Lerner
- Faculty & Staff
- News & Events
Richard M. Weiss
Associate Professor of Management Department of Business Administration
Email: weissrudel [dot] edu
- Ph.D. - Cornell University, School of Industrial and Labor Relations, Major: Organizational Behavior, 1981
- MS - Cornell University, School of Industrial and Labor Relations, Major: Organizational Behavior, 1975
- BA - State University of New York at Buffalo, Major: Social Psychology, 1972
- Institutional and ecological models of organizational populations
- Crosscultural analyses of reactions to organizational structure
- Post-postmodernist organizational theory
- Organization Theory and Design
- Organizational Behavior
Honors and Activities:
- Recipient: University of Delaware Foundation Research Grant, Shell Foundation Research Grant.
- Research Fellow: The Conference Board.
- Consultant: National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholismn; Texaco; Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Delaware; Milford Memorial Hospital; New York State Department of Mental Hygiene; E. I. DuPont.
- Keynote speaker: National Employee Assistance Programming Conference, Annual Meetings of the Association of Labor-Management Administrators and Consultants on Alcoholism.
- Ad hoc reviewer: Administrative Science Quarterly, Academy of Management Review, Organization Studies, Journal of Management Inquiry, Journal of Financial Research, Academy of Management.
- Nominee: University of Delaware Excellence in Teaching Award.
Miller, L. & Weiss, R. Medical Education Reform Efforts and Failures of U.S. Medical Schools, 1870-1930. Journal of the History of Medicine, Forthcoming, 2008
Weiss, R. Deriddada. Journal of Management Inquiry, 16, 2007.
Weiss, R. Overcoming resistance to surveillance: A genealogy of the EAP discourse. Organization Studies, 26, 2005.
Weiss, R. Effects of program characteristics on EAP utilization. Employee Assistance Quarterly, 18, 2003.
Weiss, R. Taking science out of organization science: How would postmodernism reconstruct the analysis of organizations? Organization Science, 11, 2000.
Weiss, R. Politics and organizational science. Academy of Management Review, 23, 1998.
Miller, L. & Weiss, R. Reactions to organizational structure: A comparison of employees in the U.S. and Bulgaria. In A. Ullmann and A. Lewis (eds.), Privatization and Entrepreneurship: The Managerial Challenge in Central and Eastern Europe. Haworth Press, 1997.