- About Lerner
- Faculty & Staff
- News & Events
Robert L. Paretta
Associate Professor of Accounting
Education and Certificates:
- Ph.D., Accounting, Syracuse University, NY
- M.S., Accounting, Syracuse University, NY
- M.B.A., Finance, Long Island University, NY
- BBA, Finance, Iona College, NY
- Certified Public Accountant (not in practice) - DE
Honors and Activities:
- Excellence in Teaching Award – in 1977 and 1992, University of Delaware, College of Business & Economics College Council.
- MBA Teaching Award – Honorable Mention - 2007, University of Delaware, Alfred P. Lerner College of Business and Economics.
- Delaware State Board of Accountancy – Member since September 2009.
- The Siegfried Group, Wilmington, DE. During 2008 served as In-house CPE consultant.
- PricewaterhouseCoopers, National Professional Technical Risk and Quality Group, Florham Park, NJ. During January 2004 – July 2004 spent sabbatical leave with the National Corporate Governance group doing research on audit committees in connection with the publication of Audit Committee Effectiveness – What Works Best, 3rd Edition, a monograph jointly published by PricewaterhouseCoopers and The Internal Audit Institute 2005.
- Deloitte & Touche (formerly Deloitte, Haskins & Sells), Philadelphia, PA. Faculty Intern, Summer 1983, designed a computerized system for scheduling partner and manager assignments. Worked on a Lotus training project for the national office, 1984. Designed a computerized system for the national office to track college recruiting information, 1985.
- PricewaterhouseCoopers (formerly Coopers & Lybrand), Philadelphia, PA. August 1978 - September 1979 spent sabbatical leave as audit senior on various client engagements. December 1979 - September 1981 spent winter and summer sessions as audit supervisor on various client engagements.
- Other consulting engagements over the years in accounting, MIS and related professional education for various clients including American Life Insurance Company, Coopers & Lybrand Consulting, Delaware Society of CPAs, DuPont, Lehman Brothers, Morgan Stanley, Pennsylvania Institute of CPAs, Philadelphia Tax Conference, Piezo Crystal Company, RDP Company, Tomra North America, Inc., and the U. S. Chamber of Commerce.
- Intermediate Accounting (undergraduate and graduate)
- Financial Reporting and Analysis (MBA)
- "An Introduction to Web Services," with Guido L. Geerts and Clinton E. White, Jr., The CPA Journal, August 2004.