- About Lerner
- Faculty & Staff
- News & Events
Saul D. Hoffman
Department of Economics
413 Purnell Hall
E-mail: hoffmansudel [dot] edu
- Ph.D., University of Michigan, Economics, 1977
- M.A., University of Michigan, Economics, 1975
- M.U.P., University of Michigan, 1973
- B.A., University of Pennsylvania, 1971
- Labor Economics
- Women and the Economy
- Labor Economics
- Economic Demography/Economics of the Family
- Welfare and Poverty
Activities and Honors:
- Member, National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy Effective Programs and Research Committee, 2001-2006, Research Advisory Panel, 2007-.
- NIH Reviewer, Demographic Behavior Branch, 2005-2008.
- Core Associate Faculty, Program in Women's Studies, University of Delaware
- Research Associate, Population Studies Center, University of Pennsylvania
- Honor Society Membership, Phi Kappa Phi
- Grants: NICHD, HHS, Smith-Richardson Foundation, W. T. Grant Foundation, C. S. Mott Foundation, W. E. Upjohn Foundation
- Visiting Professor, Faculté de Sciences Economiques et de Gestion, Université Lumière (Lyon 2), Lyon, France, 1998
- "Wage Inequality and the Labor Market Impact of Economic Transformation: Croatia, 1970-2008," (with Ivo Bicanic and Oriana Vukoja), Economic Systems, Vol. 36, Pages 206-217, June 2012.
- “Revisiting Marshall's Law: Why Does Labor’s Share Interact with the Elasticity of Substitution to Decrease the Elasticity of Labor Demand?” Journal of Economic Education,Vol. 40, No, 2, pp. 437-445, 2009.
- "Married With Children: The Labor Force Participation of Women in the Late 20th and Early 21st Centuries," Monthly Labor Review, February, 2009.
- "NJ and PA Once Again: What Happened to Employment When the PA-NJ Minimum Wage Differential Disappeared?" (with Diane Trace), Eastern Economic Journal, Vol. 35, No 1, pp. 115-128, 2009.
- Women and the Economy: Family, Work, and Pay, (with Susan L. Averett), Addison Wesley, 2nd Edition, January, 2009.
- Kids Having Kids: Economic Costs and Social Consequences of Teen Pregnancy, Second Edition, (with Rebecca A. Maynard, eds.), Washington, DC: The Urban Institute Press, 2008.
- “A Good Policy Goes Bad: The Strange Case of the Non-Refundable State EITC,“ State Tax Notes, Vol. 44, No. 8, pp. 551-558, May 21, 2007.
- By the Numbers: The Public Costs of Teen Childbearing. Washington: National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy, October, 2006.
- Women and the Economy: Family, Work, and Pay, (with Susan L. Averett), Addison Wesley, 2005.
- "Marriage Tax Relief in the Earned Income Tax Credit: EGTRRA 2001 and Beyond," Tax Notes, Aug. 30, 2004, pp. 935-941.
- Helping Working Families: The Earned Income Tax Credit (with Laurence S. Seidman), Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, Kalamazoo, MI, 2003.