- About Lerner
- Faculty & Staff
- News & Events
|Associate Professor of Management
Department of Business Administration
Email: watsonsudel [dot] edu
- Ph.D. - University of South Carolina, Major: International Business, Minor: Strategic Management, 1997
- MBA - State University of New York at Buffalo, International Management, 1989
- AB - Dartmouth College, Major: Psychology, Minor: Art History, 1984
- Implementing International Strategies
- International Mergers & Acquisitions
- Managing Foreign Subsidiaries
- International Management
- Strategic Management
Recent Publications: (Publications and presentations under the names Watson and O'Donnell)
- Watson, S. & George, A. (2010) “Host Country Effects on the Success of International Private Equity Investments.” Journal of Private Equity, 13 (4): 17-24.
Kor, Y. Y., Mahoney, J. T. & Watson, S. (2008) “The effects of demand, competitive, and technological uncertainty on board monitoring and institutional ownership of IPO firms.” Journal of Management and Governance, 12 (3): 239-259.
Watson, S. & Hewett, K. (2006) "A Multi-Theoretical Model of Knowledge Transfer in Organizations: Determinants of Knowledge Contribution and Knowledge Reuse." Journal of Management Studies, 43 (2): 141-173.
- Subramaniam, M. & Watson, S. (2006) "How Interdependence Affects Subsidiary Performance." Journal of Business Research, 59 (8): 916-924.
- Watson, S. & Weaver, G. R. (2003) "How Internationalization Affects Corporate Ethics: Formal Structures and Informal Management Behavior." Journal of International Management, 9: 75-93.
- O'Donnell, S. (2000) "Managing Foreign Subsidiaries: Agents of Headquarters or an Interdependent Network?" Strategic Management Journal, 21 (5): 525-548.
- O’Donnell, S. & Jeong, I. (2000) "Marketing Standardization Within Global Industries: An Empirical Study of Performance Implications." International Marketing Review, 17 (1): 19-33.
- O’Donnell, S. & Blumentritt, T. (1999) "The Contribution of Foreign Subsidiaries to Host Country National Competitiveness." Journal of International Management, 5 (3): 187-206.
- O’Donnell, S. (1999) "Compensation Design as a Tool for Implementing Foreign Subsidiary Strategy." Management International Review, 39 (2): 149-165.
- Roth, K. & O’Donnell, S. (1996) "Foreign Subsidiary Compensation Strategy: An Agency Theory Perspective." Academy of Management Journal, 39 (3): 678-703. Abstracted in Harvard Business Review, 1996, Vol. 74 (2): 11-12.