- About Lerner
- Faculty & Staff
- News & Events
Professor of Accounting
Education and Certificates:
- Ph.D., University of South Carolina
- Masters in Professional Accountancy, Clemson University, GA
- B. Com, Osmania University, India
Honors and Activities:
- Lester W. Chadwick Excellence in Teaching Award, Beta Alpha Psi, Delaware Chapter, 2003.
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Advanced Accounting
- Audit quality, earnings quality
- Velury, U. and Jenkins, D. (2010) “The Impact of Arbitrage Costs on Intertemporal Changes in the Earnings Response Coefficient.” Advances in Quantitative Analysis of Finance and Accounting 8: 285-308.
- Velury, U. and Kane, G. (2009) “The Association Between Institutional Ownership and the Likelihood of the Firm Reporting Non Recurring Charges.” Corporate Ownership and Control 7(1): 363-369.
- Velury, U., Jenkins, D., Kane, G. (2009) “The Impact of the Business Cycle on the Value-Relevance of Disaggregated Earnings Components.” Journal of Business Finance and Accounting 36: 1041-1058.
- Velury, U., Hogan, C., Riley, D., Rezaee, Z. (2008) “Financial Statement Fraud: Insights from the Academic Literature.” Auditing: A Journal of Practice and Theory 27: 231- 252.
- Does auditor tenure influence the reporting of conservative earnings? with D. Jenkins, Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Volume 27(Iss. 2) 2008:115-132.
- Institutional ownership and the quality of earnings, with D. Jenkins, Journal of Business Research, Vol. 59 (Iss. 9) 2006: 1043-1051.
- Earnings quality decline and the effect of industry specialist auditors: An analysis of the late 1990s, with D. Jenkins and G. Kane, Journal of Accounting and Public Policy Vol. 25 2006: 71-90.
- The Impact of Arbitrage Costs on Intertemporal Changes in the Earnings Response Coefficient, with D. Jenkins, in Advances in Quantitative Analysis of Finance and Accounting (forthcoming).
- Employee Relations and the Likelihood of Occurrence of Corporate Financial Distress, with G. Kane and B. Ruf, Journal of Business Finance and Accounting Vol. 32, No. 5& 6, June/July, 2005: 1083-1106.
- The Effect of Institutional ownership on the informativeness of discretionary accruals with D. Jenkins, Journal of Corporate Ownership and Control (forthcoming).
- Earnings Conservatism and Audit Quality: An Examination of the late 1990s, with D. Jenkins and G. Kane, Journal of Forensic Accounting, Vol. VIII 2007: 287-302.
- The Relevance of Stock and Flow-Based Reporting Information In Assessing the Likelihood of Emergence from Corporate Financial Distress, with G. Kane and F. Richardson, Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting Vol. 26 (Iss. 1) 2006 (February): 5-22 (lead article)
- The Effect of Institutional Ownership on the Reporting of Conservative Earnings, with D. Jenkins, Journal of Corporate Ownership and Control, Volume 4 (Iss. 4), Summer 2007: 338-344 (lead article).
- Heuristic Partitioning and the Prediction of Corporate Financial Distress” with G. Kane and F. Richardson, Advances in Financial Planning and Forecasting Vol. 1, 2005:1-26.
- The Impact of Managerial Ownership on the Likelihood of Provision of High Quality Auditing Services, with G. Kane, Review of Accounting and Finance Vol. 4, No. 2, 2005: 86-106.
- Institutional Ownership and the Selection of Industry Specialist Auditors, J. Reisch and D. O. Reilly, Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting Vol. 21 (1), 2003: 35- 48.
- The Role of Institutional Ownership In The Market For Auditing Services: An Empirical Investigation, with G. Kane, Journal of Business Research Vol. 57, 2004: 976-983.
- The Impact of Corporate Life-Cycle on the Value-Relevance of Disaggregated Earnings Components, with D. Jenkins and G. Kane, Review of Accounting and Finance Vol. 3, No. 4, 2004: 5-20
- The Association Between Auditor Industry Specialization and Earnings Management, Research in Accounting Regulation Vol. 16, 2003: 171-184.
- Earnings Management and the Reporting of Negative Special Items, Accounting Enquiries Vol. 11(2), Spring/Summer 2002: 127-154.