Professor, School of Marine Sciences and Policy
307 Robinson Hall
Newark, DE 19716
- Ph.D., Economics, University of Wisconsin, 1985
- A.B., Economics, Indiana University, 1975
- “Willingness to Pay for Electric Vehicles and Their Attributes” (with Michael Hidrue, Willett Kempton, and Meryl Gardner) Resource and Energy Economics, 2011.
- “Valuing the Visual Disamenity of Offshore Wind Projects at Varying Distances from the Shore: An Application to Delaware’s Shoreline” (with Andrew Krueger and Jeremy Firestone) Land Economics 87(2), 2011.
- “Effects of Information about Invasive Species on Risk Perception and Seafood Demand ” (with Tim Haab, John Whitehead, and Jamie Price) Resource and Energy Economics, 32, 2010.
- “Compensatory Restoration in a Random Utility Model of Recreation Demand” (with Ami Kang) Contemporary Economic Policy, 28(4), 2010.
- “Measuring the Recreational Use Value of Migratory Shorebirds: A Stated Preference Study of Birdwatching on the Delaware Bay” (with Kelley Meyers and Peter Edwards) Marine Resource Economics, 25, 2010.
Awards & Honors
- Scientific Advisory Board, US Environmental Protection Agency, Environmental Economics Committee, 2008 -
- National Academy of Sciences, Committee on the Review of Fisheries Survey Methods, 2005-6.
- Associate Editor, Marine Resource Economics, 1999-2007.
- Associate Editor, Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, 1994-1997.
- Board of Directors, Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, 1999-2002.
- Selected Grants: US Environmental Protection Agency, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, and National Park Service.
- Environmental Economics
- Benefit-Cost Analysis