Assistant Professor of Accounting
|Department:||Accounting & MIS|
207B Purnell Hall
Newark, DE 19716
- Decision-making in accounting and auditing settings, both within and across countries.
- Ph.D. in Accounting University of South Carolina
- Master of Accountancy Miami University, Oxford, OH
- B.S. in Accounting Miami University, Oxford, OH
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) OHIO (Inactive)
- Beaudoin, C.A., Cianci, A.M., & G.T. Tsakumis. “The Impact of CFOs’ Incentives and Earnings Management Ethics on their Financial Reporting Decisions: The Mediating Role of Moral Disengagement” Journal of Business Ethics. Forthcoming.
- Cianci, A.M., Hannah, S.T., Roberts, S.P., & G.T. Tsakumis. 2014 “The Effects of Authentic Leadership on Followers’ Ethical Decision-making in the Face of Temptation: An Experimental Study” The Leadership Quarterly 25(3): 581-594.
- Beaudoin, C.A., Dang, L., Fang, Q., & G.T. Tsakumis. 2012. “The Agency Problem and the Moderating Role of Culturally-Based Management Style on Chinese Managers’ Discretionary Accruals,” Journal of International Accounting, Auditing and Taxation 21(2): 145-155.
- Agoglia, C.P., Doupnik, T.S., & G.T. Tsakumis. 2011. “Principles versus Rules-based Accounting Standards: The Influence of Standard Precision and Audit Committee Strength on Financial Reporting Decisions,” The Accounting Review 86(3): 747-767.
- Porcano, T.M., Tsakumis, G.T., & A.P. Curatola. 2011. “Tax Evasion, National Cultural Dimensions, and Other Country-Structural Metrics,” Journal of Forensic and Investigative Accounting 3(1): 86-115.
- Agoglia, C.P., Beaudoin, C.A., & G.T. Tsakumis. 2009. “The Effect of Documentation Structure and Task-Specific Experience on Auditors’ Ability to Identify Control Weaknesses,” Behavioral Research in Accounting 21(1): 1-17.
Awards & Honors
- Nominee – 2014 University of Delaware Excellence in Teaching Award
- Recognition for Outstanding Service as Program Chair for 2014 AAA Accounting, Behavior and Organizations Midyear Research Conference
- Outstanding Online Instructor Award, 2010-2011 National Distance Learning Week Awards Ceremony – Drexel University Online
- Best Paper Award, 2009 American Accounting Association IAS Midyear Meeting
- Distinguished Fellow, LeBow College of Business Center for Teaching Excellence, 2009-2012
- Excellence in Teaching Award (LeBow College MBA Anywhere online cohort), 2009
- Excellence in Teaching Award (LeBow College Pharma MBA online cohort), 2009
- Excellence in Teaching Award, LeBow College of Business, 2004
- Excellence in Teaching Award, LeBow College of Business, 2003
- American Accounting Association Doctoral Consortium Fellow, 2002
- Google Scholar Profile & Citations (My research has been cited over 450 times in top-ranked journals such as The Accounting Review,Journal of Accounting Research,Accounting, Organizations and Society,Auditing: A Journal of Practice and Theory,Journal of Accounting and Public Policy,Accounting Horizons,Academy of Management Annals, and Journal of Business Ethics, among others). Link : http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=l9dn3-0AAAAJ&hl=en
Social Science Research Network (SSRN) Download Information (As of February 2015, my research papers have 4,500 SSRN downloads, which places me second among all UD Lerner College of Business and Economics faculty on SSRN): Link: http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/cf_dev/AbsByAuth.cfm?per_id=410127
- In addition, “Principles versus Rules-based Accounting Standards: The Influence of Standard Precision and Audit Committee Strength on Financial Reporting Decisions,” The Accounting Review, 2011) has received the following download recognition:
- SSRN’s Top Ten Download List for January-March 2009 (Accounting; Corporate Governance; CGN Subject Matter; Corporate Governance & Accounting; and Corporate Governance Network; Law & Institutions; Applied Accounting–Practitioner; Corporate Finance; Corporate Securities & Finance Law; ARN Subject Matter eJournals; Accounting Research Network; Financial Accounting; and Behavioral & Experimental Accounting eJournals); All Time Top 10 (Journal of Federal Courts & Jurisdiction January 1997- March 2010); All Time Top 10 (Journal of Applied Accounting – Practitioner eJournal January 1997- February 2015).
- Financial and managerial accounting