Assistant Professor of Applied Economics and Statistics
229 Townsend Hall
Newark, DE 19716
- Ph.D., Agricultural Economics, Cornell University, 1999.
- M.S., Agricultural Economics, Cornell University, August 1994.
- B.S., Ithaca College, 1989.
- “Understanding Patenting Decisions: A Classroom Exercise.” (with Amalia Yiannaka) Journal of Economic Education, forthcoming.
- “What is it about Organic Milk? An Experimental Analysis.” (with Daria J. Bernard) American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 91(2009): 826-836.
- “Willingness to Pay for Foods with Varying Production Traits and Levels of Genetically Modified Content.” (with Katie Gifford, Kristin Santora, and Daria J. Bernard) Journal of Food Distribution Research, 40(2009):1-11.
- “Factor and Cluster Analysis of Willingness to Pay for Organic and Non-GM Food.”(with Katie Gifford) Journal of Food Distribution Research,39(2008): 26-39.
- “Consumer Willingness to Pay for Sustainable Apparel: The Influence of Labeling for Fibre Origin and Production Methods.” (with Gwendolyn Hustvedt) International Journal of Consumer Studies, 32(2008): 491-498.
- “Consumer Likelihood to Purchase Chickens with Novel Production Attributes.” (with John D. Pesek, Jr., and Xiqian Pan) Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, 39(2007): 581-596.
- “Finding and Retaining the Dominant Strategy: The Second-Price, English, and ‘Sealed-Offer’ English Auctions.” Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, 60(2006): 553-561.
Awards & Honors
- Outstanding Article, Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, 1996.
- Food Marketing
- Economics of Technology