Associate Professor of Management
225 Alfred Lerner Hall
Newark, DE 19716
- The Information Processing Theory of organization, and its application to international business
- Technology accession and technology transfer in organizations, including use of business incubators
- Research methods and use of research information in business. Are you skeptical of what you read in the professional journals, like me? You should be—read my Top 10 Reasons to be a Skeptic.
- Doctor of Business Administration (DBA), University of Maryland, 1975
- MBA, University of Maryland, 1967
- BS, Pennsylvania State University, Major: Accounting, 1965
- Mapping Workflows and Managing Knowledge: Simply, Sensibly, Flexibly, and without Software. Newark, Del: Transition Assistance Associates, 2011. ISBN 978-1460935170. This is an applied book for the graduate and professional markets, derived from my research in the US Navy and Canadian Air Force.
- The Information Processing Theory of Organization: Managing Technology Accession in Complex Systems. London: Ashgate Publishing Ltd., 1998. ISBN: 1 84014 427 0.
- The Skeptic’s Handbook: Consumer guidelines and a critical assessment of business and management research, revised edition, 2002.
- Graduate Business Education Project for Bosnia and Herzegovina: the University of Delaware establishes a double-degree English-language MBA program in Bosnia and Herzegovina with a local partner university IIE Networker, Spring, 2005 (with Sean Cox). Online: http://www.iienetwork.org/file_depot/0-10000000/010000/1710/folder/10528/TOC+Europe.doc
- Review of Michael J. Earl (ed.), Information Management: the Organizational Dimension. London: Oxford University Press, 1996. 514 pp. Administrative Science Quarterly, June, 2001.
- New Venture Creation (BUAD 856) and Business Consulting (BUAD 899)
- Study-abroad programs in Europe and Australia. (Check the travel tips for winter courses.)
- International business (BUAD 811), especially doing business in Europe (BUAD 843).
- Managerial and executive education; transition training in Central and Eastern Europe
- Project management and systems management