Associate Professor of Economics and Legal Studies
409 Purnell Hall
Newark, DE 19716
- Ph.D, Economics, University of Minnesota,1992.
- J.D., Northwestern University,1984.
- B.A., Economics, Northwestern University, 1981.
- Curriculum Vitae
- "Pricing the Major U.S. Hub Airports," (with Katherine Thomas Harback) Journal of Urban Economics 64 (2), pp. 288-295, 2009.
- "(When) do Hub Airlines Internalize Their Self-Imposed Congestion Delays," (with Katherine Thomas Harback)Journal of Urban Economics, Vol. 63 pp.583–612, 2008.
- "Efficiency of the Use of Technology in Economic Education," American Economic Review, Papers and Proceedings, May 2005.
- "Benefit-Cost Analysis of Airport Infrastructure," Journal of Air Transport Management, Vol. 8, pp. 149-164, 2002.
- "Distributional Consequences of Congestion Pricing at Large Hub Airports," Journal of Urban Economics, September, 2001.
- "The Environmental Impact of Highway Congestion Pricing," (with Khalid Becka) Journal of Urban Economics, Vol. 47, March 2000, 180-215.
- "Comparison of Three Empirical Models of Airport Congestion Pricing," (with Munish Pahwa) Journal of Urban Economics, 47, January 2000, 1-38.
- "Congestion Pricing and Capacity of Large Hub Airports: A Bottleneck Model with Stochastic Queues,"Econometrica, 63, No. 2, pp. 327-370, March 1995; reprinted in Recent Developments in Transport Economics, K. Button (ed), Edward Elgar, 2004.
Awards & Honors
Grants and Contracts: Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, Delaware River and Bay Authority, World Bank Institute, Delaware Department of Transportation
- Industrial Organization
- Law and Economics
- Transportation Economics