Assistant Professor of Management
214 Lerner Hall
Newark, DE 19716
Katalin Takacs Haynes is an assistant professor of strategic management at the A. Lerner College of Business and Economics at University of Delaware. Her research interests include corporate governance and institutions. She studies board composition and executive compensation, their relationship to the institutional context, as well as forces shaping the informal economy. Some of Katalin Takacs Haynes¹s research has been published in Strategic Management Journal, Administrative Science Quarterly, Journal of Management and Journal of Management Studies. Katalin Takacs Haynes graduated from Arizona State University and was a faculty member at Texas A&M University's Mays School of Business prior her appointment at the University of Delaware.
- Ph. D. in Management, Arizona State University, 2007.
- MBA – Masters of International Management Dual Degree, Arizona State University, and Thunderbird, the American School of International Management. 2000
- MA, English and French, Eotvos Lorand University of Sciences, Budapest, Hungary.
- BA, English and French, Eotvos Lorand University of Sciences, Budapest, Hungary.
- Curriculum Vitae
Takacs-Haynes, K., Hitt, M.A. & Campbell, J. T. 2015. The dark side of leadership: Toward a mid-range theory of hubris and greed in entrepreneurial contexts. In press at Journal of Management Studies.
Takacs-Haynes, K. & Ireland, D. 2014. Social construction of boundaries of the official and unofficial economies. In press at Oxford Research Review.
Takacs Haynes, K. 2014. Something old, something new: Culture and CEO compensation revisited. American Journal of Business,Vol. 27(1): 5-25.
Takacs Haynes, K. Campbell, J. & Hitt, M. A. 2014. When more is not enough: Executive greed and its influence on shareholder wealth. In press at Journal of Management,DOI, 0149206 314 535 444 first published online June 4th, 2014, subject of Washington Post article on June 17th, 2014.
Connelly, B.L., Haynes, K., Tihanyi, L., Gamache, D., & Devers, C. 2013. Minding the gap: Antecedents and consequences of top management-to-worker pay dispersion. Journal of Management, DOI: 0149206313503015 first published online October 10th, 2013.
Boyd, B. K., Takacs Haynes, K., Hitt, M., Ketchen, D. & Bergh, D. 2012. Contingency hypotheses in strategic management research: Use, disuse, or misuse? Journal of Management, 38: (1) 278-313.
Boyd, B. K., Takacs Haynes, K. & Zona, F. 2011. Dimensions of CEO-board relations. Journal of Management Studies. 48: (8): 1467-1923. Top Ten download on SSRN: History of Management Theory and Practice; SSRN Strategy and Microeconomic Policy eJournals.
Takacs Haynes K. & Hillman, A. 2010. Board capital, strategic change and CEO power. Strategic Management Journal, 31(11), 1145-1163.
Hitt, M. A., Takacs Haynes, K. & Serpa, R. 2010. Strategic leadership in the twenty-first century. Business Horizons, 53(5), 437-453. Top Ten download in SSRN categories or eJournals: ORG: Strategic Leadership Models; Corporate Law: Corporate and Takeover Law; Social Responsibility of Business; Organizations and Markets; Management and Innovation.
Gomez-Mejia, L.R., Takacs Haynes, K., Nunez-Nickel, M., Jacobson, K. J. L. and Moyano-Fuentes, J. 2007. Socioemotional wealth and business risks in family-controlled firms: evidence from Spanish olive mills, Administrative Science Quarterly, 52(1), 106-137.
Awards & Honors
- 2013 Administrative Science Quarterly Scholarly Impact Award for Gomez-Mejia, Takacs Haynes, Nunez-Nickel, Jacobson, and Moyano-Fuentes, J. , ASQ, 2007.
- 2013 Greif Research Impact Award, Greif Center for Entrepreneurial Studies at the University of Southern California for Gomez-Mejia, Takacs Haynes, Nunez-Nickel, Jacobson, and Moyano-Fuentes, J. , ASQ, 2007
- 2014 General University Research Grant, University of Delaware
- 2014 Department of Business Administration Outstanding Scholarship Award
- 2014 American Journal of Business Outstanding Reviewer Award
- 2013 MBA Teaching Award for outstanding teaching in the MBA Program of the Lerner College of Business and Economics
University of Delaware
BUAD 890 Corporate Strategy - Executive MBA
BUAD 890 Corporate Strategy – MBA Program
BUAD 841 Managing the Global Enterprise - Masters Program
BUAD 441 Strategic Management- Undergraduate Program
Texas A&M University, Mays Business School
Strategic Management – Undergraduate Program
Business and Corporate Strategy – Graduate Program
Strategic Entrepreneurship – Doctoral Seminar (Co-instructor)
International Management – UG and Honors Program
Arizona State University, W. P. Carey School of Business
International Management - Undergraduate Program
Organizational Leadership and Management – Undergraduate Program
Strategic Leadership – Undergraduate Program