Assistant Professor of Management
214 Lerner Hall
Newark, DE 19716
Katalin Takacs Haynes is an assistant professor of strategic management at the A. Lerner College of Business and Economics at University of Delaware. Her research interests include corporate governance and institutions. She studies board composition and executive compensation, their relationship to the institutional context, as well as forces shaping the informal economy. Some of Katalin Takacs Haynes¹s research has been published in Strategic Management Journal, Administrative Science Quarterly, Journal of Management and Journal of Management Studies. Katalin Takacs Haynes graduated from Arizona State University and was a faculty member at Texas A&M University's Mays School of Business prior her appointment at the University of Delaware.
- BA, English and French, Eotvos Lorand University of Sciences, Budapest, Hungary.
- MA, English and French, Eotvos Lorand University of Sciences, Budapest, Hungary.
- MBA – Masters of International Management Dual Degree, Arizona State University, W. P. Carey School of Business, and Thunderbird, the American School of International Management.
- Ph. D. in Management, Arizona State University, 2007.
- Curriculum Vitae
Connelly, B.L., Haynes, K., Tihanyi, L., Gamache, D., & Devers, C. 2013. Minding the gap: Antecedents and consequences of top management-to-worker pay dispersion. Journal of Management, in press.
Boyd, B. K., Takacs Haynes, K., Hitt, M., Ketchen, D. & Bergh, D. 2012. Contingency hypotheses in strategic management research: Use, disuse, or misuse? Journal of Management, 38: (1) 278-313.
Boyd, B. K., Takacs Haynes, K. & Zona, F. 2011. Dimensions of CEO-board relations. Journal of Management Studies. 48: (8): 1467-1923. Top Ten download on SSRN: History of Management Theory and Practice; SSRN Strategy and Microeconomic Policy eJournals.
Takacs Haynes K. & Hillman, A. 2010. Board capital, strategic change and CEO power. Strategic Management Journal, 31(11), 1145-1163.
Hitt, M. A., Takacs Haynes, K. & Serpa, R. 2010. Strategic leadership in the twenty-first century. Business Horizons, 53(5), 437-453. Top Ten download in SSRN categories or eJournals: ORG: Strategic Leadership Models; Corporate Law: Corporate and Takeover Law; Social Responsibility of Business; Organizations and Markets; Management and Innovation.
Gomez-Mejia, L.R., Takacs Haynes, K., Nunez-Nickel, M., Jacobson, K. J. L. and Moyano-Fuentes, J. 2007. Socioemotional wealth and business risks in family-controlled firms: evidence from Spanish olive mills, Administrative Science Quarterly, 52(1), 106-137.
Best papers and Proceedings
Takacs Haynes, K., Campbell, J. & Hitt, M. 2010. Greed, hubris and power: Effects on firm outcomes. Academy of Management Best Paper Proceedings.
Zona, F., Boyd, B. & Takacs Haynes, K. 2010. Board interlocking in Italian telecom business groups. Strategic Management Society Annual Meeting. Top Ten Finalist for Best Paper Award.
Sirmon, D.G., Fraser, D., Tuggle, C., Haynes, K.T., & Babu, B. 2008. Exploring how directors’ prior extra- and intra-industry board experiences affect the formulation of functional strategies. Academy of Management Best Paper Proceedings.
Awards & Honors
- Gomez-Mejia, L.R., Takacs Haynes, K., Nunez-Nickel, M., Jacobson, K. J. L. and Moyano-Fuentes, J. 2007. Socioemotional wealth and business risks in family-controlled firms: evidence from Spanish olive mills, Administrative Science Quarterly, 52(1), 106-137).
- ASQ Scholarly Impact Award, presented by Administrative Science Quarterly
- Greif Research Impact Award, presented by the Greif Center for Entrepreneurial Studies at the University of Southern California
- 2013 MBA Teaching Award for outstanding teaching in the MBA Program of the Lerner College of Business and Economics
University of Delaware
Corporate Strategy – MBA Program
Corporate Strategy - Executive MBA
Texas A&M University, Mays Business School
Strategic Management – Undergraduate Program
Business and Corporate Strategy – Graduate Program
Strategic Entrepreneurship – Doctoral Seminar (Co-instructor)
International Management – UG and Honors Program
Arizona State University, W. P. Carey School of Business
International Management - Undergraduate Program
Organizational Leadership and Management – UG Program
Strategic Leadership – Undergraduate Program
Course Material Development
Online Corporate MBA Program
Executive Team Building (with Dr Brian K. Boyd)
Ford Leadership Program
Online Corporate MBA Program
Singaporean Air Force-Luke Air Force Base