Chaplin Tyler Professor of Economics
Director, Center for Applied Business and Economic Research
333C Purnell Hall
Newark, DE 19716
- Ph.D., Economics, Princeton University, 1969
- B.A., Economics, Cum Laude, Amherst College, 1963
- Curriculum Vitae
- "Does Fiscal Stimulus Cause Too Much Debt? (with L. Seidman), Business Economics, October 2009, Vol. 4, No. 4, p201-205.
- "Compensations and Contributions under an International Carbon Treaty",(with L. Seidman), Journal of Policy Modeling, May-June 2009, Vol. 31, Issue 3, p341-350.
- "Overcoming the Zero Interest-Rate Bound : A Quantitative Prescription",(with L. Seidman), Journal of Policy Modeling, 2008.
- “A Temporary Tax Rebate in a Recession: Is it Effective and Safe?” (with Laurence S. Seidman), Business Economics, 41,(3) July 2006.
- "Managing a Bulge: Policy Options for Social Security," (with L. Seidman) Public Finance Review, 32(4), July, 2004.
- "The Later You Pay, the Higher the K," (with L. Seidman) Southern Economic Journal,69 (3), January 2003.
- "A New Design for Automatic Fiscal Policy," (with L. Seidman) International Finance, 5 (2), Summer 2002.
- "Funding Social Security: The Transition in a Life-Cycle Growth Model," (with L. Seidman), Eastern Economic Journal, 28 (2),Spring 2002.
Awards & Honors
- Excellence in Teaching Award, University of Delaware, 1977.
- Outstanding Undergraduate Teacher Award, College of Business and Economics, University of Delaware, 1974, 1980, 1986, 1992, 1996.
- Outstanding Service Award, College of Business and Economics, University of Delaware, 1998.
- Economic and Financial Advisory Council, State of Delaware; Member, Acting Chair, and Chair of the Revenue Subcommittee.
- Center for Applied Business and Economic Research, University of Delaware, Director.
- Monetary Economics
- Mathematical Economics