Associate Professor of Management
318 Lerner Hall
Newark, DE 19716
- Employee Attitudes and Performance
- Workplace Deviance
- Organizational Commitment
B.A. – State University at Geneseo, 1979
M.A. – University of Akron, Industrial and Organizational Psychology, 1983
Ph.D. – University of Akron, Industrial and Organizational Psychology, 1985
- Kernan, M. C., & Watson, S. Kernan, M. C., Watson, S., Chen, F., & Kim, T. (in press). How cultural values affect the impact of abusive supervision on worker attitudes. Cross Cultural Management: An International Journal.
- Kernan, M. C. (2007). The positive side of reorganization: Interactive effects of job changes and role perceptions. Academy of Management Best Paper Proceedings, August.
- Kernan, M. C., Hunt, C. S., & Conlon, D. (2007). Expectancy disconfirmation and negotiator reactions across negotiation episodes. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 37, 143-162.
- Hunt, C. S., & Kernan, M. C. (2005). Framing negotiations in affective terms: Methodological and preliminary theoretical findings. International Journal of Conflict Management, 16, 128-157.
- Becker, T., & Kernan, M. C. (2003). Matching commitment to supervisors and organizations to in-role and extra-role performance. Human Performance, 16, 327-348.
- Kernan, M. C., & Hanges, P. (2002). Survivor reactions to reorganization: Antecedents and consequences of procedural, interpersonal, and informational justice. Journal of Applied Psychology, 87, 916-928.
Awards & Honors
- Highly Commended Article Award, from the Literati Awards for Excellence 2012, for best papers published in 2011.
- University of Delaware International Research Award ($10,000), May 2009 (with Sharon Watson) – Center for International Studies.
- CERT Summer Research Grant, College of Business and Economics, U. of Delaware, 1999, 2005.
- Best Paper Award, Organizational Behavior Division, Administrative Sciences Association of Canada, Quebec, Quebec, 1992.
- Junior Faculty Research Award, Department of Business Administration, University of Delaware, 1991.
- University of Delaware General University Research Grant, 1990.
- Summer Research Grants, College of Business and Economics, U. of Delaware, 1990, 1991.
- Organizational Behavior
- Human Resource Management