Associate Professor of Marketing
309 Alfred Lerner Hall
Newark , DE 19716
Bob Kent studies advertising and media at the Lerner College of the University of Delaware. He holds a BS in marketing from Ohio State University, an MBA in finance from the University of Toledo, and a PhD in marketing from the University of Cincinnati. His work has been published in Journal of Marketing, Journal of Marketing Research, Journal of Advertising, Journal of Advertising Research, Journal of Consumer Psychology, and other outlets.
- Ph.D. - University of Cincinnati, Marketing, 1990
- MBA - University of Toledo, Finance, 1987
- BS - Ohio State University, Marketing, 1983
- Curriculum Vitae
- Swaminathan, Srini and Robert J. Kent (in press), “Second-by-Second Analysis of Advertising Exposure in TV Pods: The Dynamics of Position, Length, and Timing,” Journal of Advertising Research.
- Kent, Robert J. (in press), “Switching Before the Pitch: Exploring Television Channel Changing Before the Ads Even Start,” Journal of Marketing Communications.
- Kent, Robert J. and David A. Schweidel (2011), “Introducing the Ad ECG: How the Set-Top Box Tracks the Lifeline of Television,” Journal of Advertising Research, 51 (December), 586-593.
- Schweidel, David A. and Robert J. Kent (2010), “Examining the Gap Between Television Program and Commercial Audiences: An Investigation Using Live Tuning Data,” Journal of Marketing, 74 (May), 18-33.
- Eisenberger, Robert, Ivan L. Sucharski, Steven Yalowitz, Robert J. Kent, Ross Loomis, Jason R. Jones, Sarah Paylor, Justin Aselage, and John P. McLaughlin (2010), “The Motive for Sensory Pleasure: Enjoyment of Nature and Its Representation in Painting, Music, and Literature,” Journal of Personality, 78 (2), 599-638.
Awards & Honors
- Best Paper Award, American Marketing Association Advertising Special Interest Group, 2000.
- Nominated for University of Delaware Excellence in Teaching Award, 1996.
- Advertising Educational Foundation Visiting Professor, Foote, Cone and Belding, 1993.
- American Marketing Association Doctoral Consortium Fellow, 1990.
- Consumer Behavior
- International Marketing
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Strategy