Professor of Accounting
|Department:||Accounting & MIS|
206A Purnell Hall
Newark, DE 19716
Research Interests and Projects:
- Cost Analysis of Advanced Materials & Processing
- “Virtual Simulation for Cost Reduction in Advanced Material Intelligent Processing Center: Next Generation Scalable Lean Manufacturing”, Office of Naval Research (J. Gillespie and S. Advani, Principal Investigators) 2009-2011.
- “Estimating Cost Bias of American Bureau of Shipping Standards for Advanced Materials Applications” (With R. Walsh).
- “Cost Advantage of Planar Array Spectroscopy”
- “Strategic Implications for Information Technology of Supreme Court Rulings on Business Methods Patents”. (with J. Blue and A. Everard)
- Ph.D. , Accounting, Drexel University, PA
- M.B.A., Shippensburg University, PA
- B.S., Shippensburg, PA
- Professional License: US Coast Guard- No. 2889110, Master
- Google Scholar Profile
- Jones, S., Teri, M. “Cost comparison of alternative consolidation Methods for large scale Structures”. Society for the Advancement of Materials and Process Engineers, May 21, 2012, Baltimore, MD.
- Infrared Emission Spectroscopy of Samples With Time Dependent Infrared Emission, US 61/407,252, Nov 19, 2010 (provisional).
- “Startup Companies: Taking your idea from Lab to Commercialization” Pittsburg Conference on Analytical Chemistry, March 13, 2011, Atlanta Georgia. (Invited Paper)
- "Cost Accounting" in Marks Standard Handbook for Mechanical Engineers, Eleventh edition, Eugene Avallone and Theodore Burmeister, eds. McGraw-Hill Book Company: New York. 2007.
- Cost Modeling for CAV Armor Panel Technical Report. Jones, S., Heider, D., of the Center for Composite Materials at the University of Delaware, with Hart, B., of the Army Research Laboratory, (2004).
- “Hybrid Methodology for Quantifying the Cost and Productivity of Manufacturing Scenarios for the Automated Fiber Placement of Aircraft Skins,” SAMPE Technical Conference, vol. 43 no. 1 (June 1998): 44-55. (with K. Steiner and M. Lamontia)
Awards & Honors
- Lerner College Outstanding Outreach/Service Award (2010)
- Junior Achievement Outstanding Leadership Award (2009)
- VP of Finance/CFO, PAIR Technologies, LLC, Newark, DE (2005-present)
- Member, Board of Directors, Delaware Innovation Fund (2005-present)
- Member, Delaware Economic Development Authority Pre-Venture Fund Board (2006-present)
- University of Delaware College of Business and Economics – Associate Dean (1997 to 2002)
- University of Delaware Entrepreneurial Studies Program – Director (2006 to 2010)
- University of Delaware Venture Development Center – Director (2008 to 2010)
- Strategic Cost Management & Control Systems