- About Lerner
- Faculty & Staff
- News & Events
Dr. Joanne Jung-Eun Yoo
(302) 831 - 6476
Email: jyooudel [dot] edu
Dr. Joanne Jung-Eun Yoo is an Assistant Professor of Hotel, Restaurant and Institutional Management at the University of Delaware. Prior to joining UD, she held a faculty position at the University of Houston’s the Conrad N. Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management. Previously, she was an assistant director of the Strategic Intelligence Center at the Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA).
Dr. Yoo’s educational and industry experience encircles the world. She received her Bachelor of Arts degree from Ewha Woman’s University in Korea, her MBA degree from Griffith University in Australia, and her Ph.D. degree from The Hong Kong Polytechnic University in Hong Kong SAR, China. She has worked in a few different countries including the Netherlands, Thailand, and the USA.
Dr. Yoo’s research interests mainly focus on convention/event management and hospitality/tourism management, areas in which she has published a number of articles in internationally recognized top-tier hospitality and tourism journals. She currently serves the Editorial Board of the Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing, and the Journal of Convention & Event Tourism. Dr. Yoo is the Certified Hospitality Educator (CHE) designated by the American Hotel and Lodging Association.
Expertise and Research Interests
- Convention and Meeting Management
- Tourism and Hospitality Marketing
- Medical Tourism
- Service Quality Management
- Consumer Behavior
- Kim, T., Yoo, J., Lee, G., & Kim, J. (2012). Emotional intelligence and emotional labor acting strategies among hotel frontline employees. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 24(7). Forthcoming.
- Kim, T., Yoo, J., & Lee, G. (2012). Post-recovery customer relationships and customer partnerships in a restaurant setting. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 24(3), Forthcoming.
- Beldona, S., Lin, K., & Yoo, J. (2012). The roles of personal innovativeness and push vs. pull delivery methods in travel-oriented location-based marketing services. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Technology, Accepted.
- Hua, Y. & Yoo. J. (2011). Travel motivations of mainland Chinese travelers to US. Journal of China Tourism Research, 7(4), 355-376.
- Kim, T., Yoo, J., & Lee, G. (2011). The HOINCAP scale: Measuring intellectual capital in the hotel industry. Service Industries Journal. 31(13): 2243-2272.
- Yoo, J., & Zhao, X. (2010). Revisiting determinants of convention participation decision-making. Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing. 27(2): 179-192.
- Koh, S., Yoo, J., & Boger, C. (2010). Importance-Performance Analysis with benefit segmentation of spa goers. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management. 22(5): 718-735.
- Yoo, J., & Chon, K. (2010). Temporal changes in factors affecting convention participation decision. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management. 22(1): 103-120.
- Yoo, J., & Chon, K. (2008). Factors affecting convention participation decision-making: Developing a measurement scale. Journal of Travel Research. 47(1): 113-122.
- Koldowski, J., & Yoo, J. (2006). Seven dominant forces affecting Asia Pacific travel and tourism industry. Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing. 20(2): 75-78.
- Yoo, J., Shin, S., & Yang, I. (2005). Key attributes of internal service recovery strategies as perceived by frontline food service employees. International Journal of Hospitality Management. 25(3): 496-509.
- Yoo, J., & Weber, K. (2005). Progress in convention tourism research. Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Research. 29(2): 194-222.
- Jogaratnam, G., Chon, K., McCleary, K., Mena, M., & Yoo, J. (2005). An analysis of institutional contributors to three major academic journals: 1992-2001. Tourism Management. 26(5): 641-648.
- Jogaratnam, G., McCleary, K., Mena, M., & Yoo, J. (2005). An analysis of hospitality and tourism research: institutional contributions. Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Research. 29(3): 356-371.
- Yoo, J., McKercher, B., & Mena, M. (2004). A cross-cultural comparison of trip characteristics: international visitors of Hong Kong from Mainland China and USA. Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing. 16(1): 63-75.
- Yoo, J. (2004). Development of convention industry in Korea. Journal of Convention & Event Tourism. 6(4): 81-94.