This is a very brief overview of IT-related services available at University of Delaware. The IT Help Desk (831-6000 / http://www.udel.edu/help) provides a single point of contact for more information about any of the following groups
New faculty are given a university-wide account on the UD Composer Systems. You should activate this account as soon as you receive your PIN from your departmental liaison. After choosing a user ID, you will have a second e-mail address, (firstname.lastname@example.org). Most faculty then choose to forward e-mail sent to this account to their Lerner College e-mail account. It is important to do this, however, as many students and administrators will attempt to contact you using the university account.
Client Support and Services Provides and delivers the services that enable the faculty, staff and students of the University to effectively use information technology in research, instruction, public service and administration
- Academic Technology Services - helps faculty and those who teach at UD improve teaching and learning through the effective application of technology.
- Hosts Faculty Institutes
- Provides tools and equipment (e.g. Web-based survey tools, online suggestion box, online syllabus templates, multimedia content production, loaner digital cameras, and more)
Take a look at the FAQ's http://www.ats.udel.edu/conferencing/faq.php
- Scantron form testing and frequency scans
- Printing from central systems
LearnIT Training Classes and Resources: Various training resources are available for faculty and students .Books, videos, and classes are offered for people wanting to learn more about specific applications. More information available at http://www.it.udel.edu/learnit
Computer Purchase Consulting (http://www.udel.edu/it/purchase-consulting.html)
- Assists faculty, staff and students with pre-purchase consulting
- Provides help with home computers (by appointment)
- Contact 831-6000 or submit webform http://www.udel.edu/it/help/request.html