- About Lerner
- Faculty & Staff
- News & Events
John Timmerman is the Vice President, Global Guest Experience & Rooms Operations for Marriott International, Inc. He has global responsibility for rooms, spa, retail, and environmental disciplines for all Marriott brands. He is a Certified Hotel Administrator by the American Hotel & Lodging Association. .
John graduated Cum Laude from the University of Delaware with a B.S. in Hotel, Restaurant & Institutional Management, received his M.S. from Rochester Institute of Technology in Service Leadership & Innovation, and is completing his Ph.D. in Hospitality Management at Iowa State University. .
John is the current Chair-elect for the American Society for Quality (ASQ), recipient of the ASQ Ishikawa Medal for his contributions to the human aspects of quality, and he received The Gallup Organization Leadership Award. .
John is a member of the Conference Board Customer Experience Council, served as a Senior Examiner for the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award (2005 – 2008), and has actively supported healthcare improvement with organizations such as the Institute for Healthcare Improvement and Cleveland Clinic Foundation.
• Certified Hotel Administrator (American Hotel & Lodging Association)
• Certified Quality Engineer (ASQ - American Society for Quality)
• Certified Mgr. of Quality/Organizational Excellence (ASQ)
• Certified Quality Auditor (ASQ)
• Senior Examiner for the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award (2005 – 2008)
• A.S. Degree in HRIM (Penn State)
• Certificate Degree in Quality Assurance Management (University of Manitoba)
• Lean Manufacturing Course (University of Tennessee)